Feeling faint, giddy and shaking in the middle of the day - suggestions please.

• 30 Replies

lankou

• Charter Member
I did do some research on none hypoglycemic low blood sugar and it could be the increase in sugar in the cereal bars I eat in the morning is causing my pancreas to make a bit too much insulin.

>bighugs<

May I ask what cereal bars please?

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Frusli and Go Ahead Bake bars. Its just because they are easy to grab and carry.

lankou

• Charter Member
Frusli and Go Ahead Bake bars. Its just because they are easy to grab and carry.

Neither are the one I personally think should carry a warning because of the anti-social side effects.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Neither are the one I personally think should carry a warning because of the anti-social side effects.
Are you referring to some sort of protein bar cereal bar hybrid?

lankou

• Charter Member
Are you referring to some sort of protein bar cereal bar hybrid?

Without naming it, it is an American import with a reputation of having very antisocial properties.

Fiz

• Charter Member
Which means nothing to me. No rules against naming it!

Sunshine on the face of your symptoms and how you feel slowly better after eating my first hunch would be low blood sugar. Key to maintaining blood sugar is switch from 3 medium sized meals to 5 small ones. Cut out complex carbs such as potato, pasta and bread and stick to oats, dried fruits etc. And see if that helps. Berries are good to eat when feeling woozy, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries and best of all strawberries.

But definitely chat with the doctor

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Thank you for the food advice, I am going to try to have porridge mid morning, it is just I need Mr Sunshine to make it for me.

After thinking about it more I realised that the fact I spend much of my life having shakey lightheadedness and feeling knackered most of my adult life was causing me to think of the worsening symptoms as manageable. A able bodied person having spells like I had over the last few weeks would be taking time off work and going to bed.

I have loved being in less pain from TN and migraines and have to accept it can't go on long term so I am cutting back to one Pregablin a day and will probably have to further reduce to none at all. 

I have been worried about putting on more and more weight and at almost 14 stone sitting around pain free but unable to move about much would wreck any possibility of living the life I need to live. 

Thank you again to the people who replied to this thread  >bighugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Cutting back on Pregablin seemed to be working, I was in more pain but also less tired, and so I stopped taking it all together. The next sunny day we had after that I got a intense piercing headache, migraine. TN attack and lost most of the rest of the day. I am back taking Pregablin and the sun is coming through the kitchen and wet rooms windows so I guess I am testing to see what happens.

Now we know for sure that winter sunshine can be a triggering so will be getting blinds for the kitchen and wet room. It so sad though because this type of weather is lovely to go out in with the dog and my camera  :-(

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I'm not surprised the sun is giving you trouble - it's so low in the sky at the moment.  Perhaps wearing a peaked cap when you're out might help to keep the brightest rays off your head and eyes (if you've not already tried this)?

Fiz

• Charter Member
Some symptoms may be withdrawal symptoms that would go away. Might be worth a check?

The lady at the pharmacy told me I'm the customer in their chemist who has the highest amount of different prescriptions for things. I was a bit shocked by the news. Rattle rattle 

lankou

• Charter Member
Some symptoms may be withdrawal symptoms that would go away. Might be worth a check?

The lady at the pharmacy told me I'm the customer in their chemist who has the highest amount of different prescriptions for things. I was a bit shocked by the news. Rattle rattle

Some years ago in the real ale bar at a motorcycle rally, in the real ale bar a dozen or so of "Waiting for God," "last of the summer wine," types were sitting at a table doing the usual putting the world to rights.
One man stated I bet I am on more medicines a day than you lot.

He lost, the winner was on 36 pills a day had his own oxygen enhancer, and also a "helper" who looked like the female version of Odd Job.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Kizzy,

I used to wear a bucket hat when I took the dogs out and that helped with the glare maybe I could try it indoors thank you for the suggestion.

Fiz,

Good point but the the pain that returned was a symptom from my malfunctioning body that was being reduced by Pregablin and painkillers. I have a bunch of different options additional like betablockers and antihistamines so it is a matter of finding the right combination of extras. I hope the two GPs I prefer to see dont retire for a very very long time otherwise it could take years for a new GP to get to know my symptoms and what the heck is going on season to season year in year out.

Lankou,

LOL yes you have reminded me of my dad's medicine box and him showing me how an asthma puffer works. He was a Yorkshire man.

huhn

yesterday I had a terrible spell of dizziness, I  was in bed and had to hold the bed while I was feeling that my bed is turning around  and was not able to move. I was getting scared. have no idea what was going on.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
That sounds like an inner ear balance organs issue and I know how scarey they can be  >bighugs<

How are you feeling now?

huhn

still not better, but it is my blood pressure, it is  for me far to high, must be the stress