Finally justice.. even if it's 24 years late.

• 7 Replies

SteveX

I'm happy to say that the murderer that killed my auntie Amy in 1994 is finally in custody and the crown court trial is set for next year.

I'm so relieved that she's finally going to get a little bit of justice, even if it is decades late.  She was such a lovely person, so kind, so thoughtful and would never hurt anyone.  She was 86 when she was murdered and raped, so horrific and heartbreaking.  I don't know how someone could do that to another human being, but that said. Jail is too good for this scum, cushy cushy jail for 2-3 years, roof over your heads, hot meals, no bills to pay, no worries about your money being stopped or being homeless.   I am a peaceloving person but give me a knife and one minute in this guys cell, I would slit his throat and not lose a second's sleep over it, after what he put my poor auntie through.    >crying<

Jail is too good for him, but I guess it's all we have.

Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
I am so sorry to hear this Steve.   >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I wasn't aware you'd lost a family member in such terrible circumstances, Steve - I hope the foul creature responsible gets a rough ride in prison from the other cons (my understanding is that not all of them take kindly to sex offenders, let's say).  And for what you said about taking the law into your own hands and ending this worthless life, there must be millions who would feel the same...We can only hope that for him to stay alive will prove to be a greater punishment than death could ever be.

I have absolutely zero compassion for this kind of criminal.  My hope is that when the sentence has been confirmed, you and your family can find some sort of peace.

SteveX

Thanks auntie and kizzy. 
Member of POMMAS

ally

She lived through 2 world wars, survived, then, went through a horrific ordeal, and, lost her life, by someone inhuman.  It beggars belief that anyone would want to rape an elderly woman of that age.  Hopefully, as Kizzy has said, he may not find prison an easy ordeal.  Many of the inmates don't take kindly to sex offenders, especially if the crimes are against those of your aunts age, or, children.  I'm very glad that justice may finally be served at last.  I hope it brings peace to you, and your family.  Please let us know how the trial goes. X

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
>bighugs< I hope all guilty criminals are found as such and any who prey on the young the old or the sick are given a very hard time in prison. The murderer of your Aunt should get life in the form that means life.

Thank you for adding the warning triangle and the title you gave this thread. I have moved this it to News and Current Affairs because it is a in my opinion too strong for the Cafe.

SteveX

Thank you, sorry for posting in the wrong area.

btw she lived in Bradford (where I was born)
here is a news link to the story and an image of her
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17303287.trial-date-set-for-man-accused-of-murdering-amy-shepherd-in-1994/
Member of POMMAS

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
It is okay the thread was easily moved.

I read the article. and hope that the fact the man has been named means that any other people he hurt who are able to come forward do.