• 34 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Happy Boxing Day everyone! Have we all had enough to eat?  >biggrin<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Have we all had enough to eat?
Yes. Now it's home for a few days light diet before the new year binge.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Exactly the same for me, OldTone!  Got to give the old digestive system a bit of a rest before the next onslaught  ;-)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
:-)

Our fridge has no more festive food in it  >yikes< we have yet to start on the Christmas cake  >biggrin< I seem to remember there is some sort of rule about not cutting the cake until Christmas Day teatime but I am not sure if that is a must do it by then.

>bighugs<  all around and extra  >bighugs< for those people struggling at this time.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
I'm sorry not to have joined in wishing everyone a happy Christmas. My day was rather unusual - I spent it in hospital.  4 days before Christmas I had a stroke and lost the use of my right side.  It is mostly back now although I am a little unsteady on my feet.  Oh well, that is life.  They sent me home yesterday with a bag-full of pills so hopefully that will not happen again.  On Christmas Day the hospital gave everyone a present.  That was so thoughtful of them.  Most of it was a blanket which is now under the cat!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Oh auntie, what a way to spend Christmas!  I suppose at least you didn't have to cook your own dinner, that's something...  >x-fingers<  for you to have an 'uneventful recovery' >x-fingers<

SM, re Christmas cake - some people are still eating it in March, so I wouldn't worry about 'tradition'..

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Auntie,

>bighugs< I hope your recovery continues at a good pace. 

Kizzy,

March, March how do people still have Christmas cake in March?

lankou

• Charter Member
Auntie,

>bighugs< I hope your recovery continues at a good pace.

Kizzy,

March, March how do people still have Christmas cake in March?

A proper Christmas cake will last for years in a sealed container.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Never mind still having Christmas Cake in March - 2 weeks ago I threw out last years box of Thornton's continental chocolates that I'd been given in December 2017.  They did look edible but I was not in a chocolate mood.

Auntie - here's to a speedy recovery and hope the new year is better for everyone.

ally

Auntie, I wish you well, and, a speedy recovery.  What a rotten thing to happen.  Take care  >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Monic, how could you leave a box of chocs - and Thorntons at that - untouched for so long  >yikes< Though must admit I make stashes last. Just not for 2 years  ;-)

Tony_Demoncy

• Silver Member
  • Wait - what?!
All of the best wishes for a speedy recovery Aunty.
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Thank you for your good wishes everyone. I find that I am scared to take the dog out for walkies incase she pulls me over as I am still not confident on my right leg. Even before this she pulled me over when she saw a cat in someone's front garden and she was desperate to get to it.  Silly dog.

JLR2

I hope you're still doing well Auntie, have there been further checks arranged following your stroke?

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Not that I know of.  Maybe I will hear something in the New Year. 

The only thing that they have told me is that I must not drive for one month and that I must get the GP's OK beforehand.  Since that means trying to get an appointment - which has been impossible for most of this year when I have tried - who knows when I will be able to drive again.  That is the most annoying thing.  I will not be able to take the dog on her favourite walks nor take the cat to have her toenails clipped, which she badly needs.