The stuff of nightmares

• 7 Replies

JLR2

The stuff of nightmares

• on: 15 Jan 2019 09:31PM
Aye it's the dreaded Brexit >biggrin<  I just don't get either the rabbiting on by the SNP (of which I'm a member) and Corbyn going for this 'no confidence motion in the government. The SNP have been muttering on and on about it for long enough you would have thought someone might have pointed out to the idiots that the DUP will support the Tories just as the Libdems supported Cameron's government, it's all about having that taste of power/influence.

Tomorrow the DUP will, as I've said, support the Tories so that's another day wasted as the country heads into that brick wall/over the cliff edge. Had I the chance to make my tuppenceworth heard on the opposition benches in Westminster I would have all opposition parties snub the DUP, absolutely no engagement or acknowledgement of that party, the expression I think is, ''send them to Coventry'.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2019 09:36PM by JLR2 »

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

Re: The stuff of nightmares

• on: 15 Jan 2019 10:19PM
//I did not vote for Brexit BUT the UK did and I wish they would have just signed the deal and then we can try and get the deal revamped.   My tuppence worth of what next is that there will be a vote of no confidence, tories will win this but even if they don't and there is a general election there will be bad repercussions.  If there is another election in 2 weeks or whatever then in my view the home counties will return right wing and conservative government.  Farage might even get a seat.  Scotland will probably vote SNP this would then trigger more independence rumblings (sorry not in favour or that either)  The reason I believe the conservatives will be re elected is that given a choice between ANY tory and Corbyn/McDonald then they'll vote tory.

Moderate conservatives will be de selected with Brexit supporting candidates fielded, the lib dems will probably be wiped out or largely replaced with UKIPers.

what an unholy mess made by Call me Dave who gave this referendum as a sop to try and unite the conservative party.

In the background - a roll out of universal credit to pensioners with a working age partner was announced last night.   You cannot make a claim for pension credit unless both of you are state pension age after 19/05/19  >steam<

JLR2

• on: 16 Jan 2019 07:06AM
Good morning Monic, I have just sent the following email to the BBC;-

''Good morning,

I am stunned at just how easily both Jeremy Corbyn and the media has been taken for mugs by PM May. Was nobody listening to what Mrs May actually said following the defeat of her Brexit plan?

Mrs May first announced that due to the size of the defeat of her plan the main opposition could, using the proper procedure make a no confidence motion in her government and if it did so time would be made the next day to hold such a debate, however Mrs May then went on to say that should the main opposition party not do this, specifically before Christmas, that her government would allow smaller opposition parties introduce such a motion and time would be made ‘’tomorrow’’ to debate such a motion.

Mrs May and her party guessed, in this case it appears correctly, Mr Corbyn would take the bait hook, line and sinker and call for the vote and he without hesitation did. Everyone, including someone as simple as myself, knows that with the support of the DUP the government will survive this vote of no confidence so what’s the point or purpose of Mrs May pushing the leader of the opposition into making this motion?  Well for one thing it sees him contribute to the successful running down of the Brexit clock, the thing he accused Mrs May of doing and he has done it spectacularly. Then again given some of the commentary I’ve heard from political journalists on the BBC and elsewhere this might be something Mr Corbyn is actually happy to see happen if it is correct to believe he himself is not honestly interested in Britain remaining in the EU.''

Regarding your

''In the background - a roll out of universal credit to pensioners with a working age partner was announced last night.  You cannot make a claim for pension credit unless both of you are state pension age after 19/05/19'' comment.

It says to me that there is nothing unwanted or accidental in much of what the government are doing, sadly that old expression comes back to haunt me, ''A good day to bury bad news'' and by heck did they bury that bad news.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2019 07:08AM by JLR2 »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 16 Jan 2019 09:49AM
All good points  >thumbsup<

JLR2

• on: 16 Jan 2019 02:34PM
Hello Sunshine, I spoke with my MP's office earlier today and the woman I spoke with told me, having looked things up in Erskine May, that Mrs May had been saying that as Labour had not raised a motion of no confidence before Christmas she/the government would allow the smaller parties of opposition to do so. I have to accept it is myself who has taken the PM's words out of context.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

• on: 16 Jan 2019 07:42PM
Hi
As expected the PM has won the vote of confidence but the big problem of implementing the result of the referendum remains.   As for Corbyn - I'm sorry but to me he does not have a tactical political brain that would allow him to be an effective leader.  No I'm not saying he should be replaced as now is not the time but I can't ever see him winning a general election.

I wish the lot of them would remember they are meant to be negotiating with the other EU members not fighting amongst themselves to get their point of view on the top of the pile.  >doh<

JLR2

• on: 16 Jan 2019 10:02PM
Corbyn is a nobody believing he is a somebody, he has been having the micky taken out of him, hell even an unpaid Tory intern could wipe the floor with him.

Had the man, Corbyn, stood up at the opposition dispatch box opposite May, following her invite to put down a no confidence motion in her government, and told her straight, ''Now is not the time'' and his reason being the same one he reasoned not to put such a motion before namely it would be utterly pointless given the DUP scum would support the government he might have had some credibility but he didn't instead he did just as the Tories expected him to do and swallowed May's bait hook, line and sinker just like the idiot he is.

Spindrift

• Bronze Member

• on: 18 Jan 2019 02:07PM