• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

Re: How are you coping with the cold?

• on: 08 Feb 2019 07:41PM
I'm glad that it is nothing serious.

JLR2

• on: 08 Feb 2019 10:13PM
Thanks AuntieC, I'm sort of wanting to say I'm fine but I've still the dull, heavy pain in the middle of my chest so I'm no'sure. The thing that has me getting on with the bit and pieces I've been doing is what the chemist said to me about straining a muscle.

The wee job I've just finished is attaching the handle from an AEC cordless drill's carry box (bright orange plastic) to the sheets of steel I had cut to take over to Berlin. Individually they are light in weight but together they weigh a bit. The large bag I'm taking has wheels but the handle is in an awkward place and the length of the steel sheets make the bag's handle pretty much useless. I think I've managed to get what I need done and it is only for the outward part of my trip.

These metal sheets are only like 10cm high by 93cms long and .3mm thick. My idea for these sheets is to put them under the sideboards in my friend's flat, these sideboards sit on chrome legs and my friend has put all sorts of clutter under them so with these sheets in place and with their reflective steel shine they'll more or less reflect the carpet giving the appearance of there being nothing under the sideboard, least that's the plan >biggrin< 

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

• on: 09 Feb 2019 06:31PM
Good work and donít overdo it.

JLR2

• on: 09 Feb 2019 06:52PM
Thanks Monic but there's no chance of me over doing it Monic, I'm too lazy to be doing that >biggrin<   Tonight I decided to see if I could make a cushion out of an old double bed quilt, using some remnants of heavy weight canvas I had. It was a case of doing that or throwing out the quilt, happily I've managed to make the cushion with the result looking like an olive green log.

I have come to know of a canvas supplier on E-Bay and have for some years now been buying 3mtr rolls of canvas (waterproof) from him, the number of things and uses that I have made of the canvas makes the cost of £14.99 for a 1x3mtr roll worth it. I have even lined the back of my car using the stuff and with my car being a small estate type it means storing things like my wheelchair straight from the street even in bad weather (rain and the like) is so much easier to do. 
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2019 07:00PM by JLR2 »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 10 Feb 2019 01:37PM
>thumbsup< :-)