pension benefit

• 1 Replies

Fiz

• Charter Member

pension benefit

• on: 26 Feb 2019 05:38AM
I had a letter years ago telling me I had a shortfall of 400 in being eligible for a state pension when I retire and it invited me to make up this 400. I didn't have 400 at the time so didn't. I assume that while on income related ESA I have been getting credits towards the state pension so remain 400 short of a state pension?

I was wondering what the different amounts are for a single person's state pension and the pension credit that I would get if I didn't make up the shortfall in the state pension fund?

Plus are there benefits that you're entitled to when receiving pension credit that you're not eligible for when getting a state pension?

I'm trying to work out if I should try and save up the shortfall so that I'm eligible for the state pension.

Hope that makes sense.

Monic1511

Re: pension benefit

• on: 26 Feb 2019 09:53PM
Hi Fiz

The rules and goalposts have been changed again. There is a flat rate for the state pension now but to check your entitlement you would be best looking at gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age  1st check your state pension age, once you do this ask for a state pension forecast