ESA success

• 4 Replies

gorbut

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

ESA success

• on: 18 Feb 2019 04:42PM
Thought Iíd post some good benefits news again. After a wait of nearly four months since he sent in the form my son received a letter today confirming he will stay in the support group for ESA. So no more watching anxiously for the postman.

I am expecting his sisterís ESA to be assessed this year too but at least we can relax for a bit. They are still waiting to hear anything about their income based ESA after sending in the information requested in October.

SteveX

Re: ESA success

• on: 18 Feb 2019 07:27PM
4 months?  wow.
but that is awesome news!!  excellent
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 18 Feb 2019 09:30PM
Good to know you and your son can have some peace of mind for a while now  >thumbsup<

(waiting since October for a decision on income-based ESA??  Could it be that the information hasn't reached its correct destination, I wonder, given that post is handled in a different location to the actual processing office  >erm<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 19 Feb 2019 10:10AM
It is great to hear good news like this thank you  >thumbsup<

gorbut

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member

• on: 19 Feb 2019 05:23PM
The decision on income based ESA is part of the transfer from IB to ESA thing. We know that they have the information but they seem to take a long time to sort it out. They should be due backpay for the lower value disability premium. In a week or two we will start enquiringly regularly about the delay but I am happy not to have to think about the DWP for a bit