DWP phone call now even more convinced I will not recieve ESA back date

• 21 Replies

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Hi Gus
At least she has flagged it up and asked for a case manager to look again.
You are right that you would remain on contribution based ESA unless you were moved from support group to work related activity group.  This is because you only get WRAG for 365 days and then your contributions expire.  your con based ESA would be the 109 but you'd have a top up of income related for your wife.  The DWP recently admitted that they had missed several thousand more folk so will take another 18 months to contact everyone.

Fiz

• Charter Member
Well done for making that phone call gus and I'm pleased you were allocated a helpful call handler. I hope it all comes together now. Even if the cogs turn slowly, they now seem to me moving.

I'm back into my can't make phone calls state for an unknown reason so you've done really well.

gus

• Diamond member
Thanks for the support and replies everyone  >bighugs< .
I made another call to the DWP a week ago and it looks like my persistence has paid off. The man was very nice and said my claim now shows as contribution based yaah. This morning a received the ESA3 form concerning backdated income based ESA I believe I would not have got this if my claim had remained incorrectly listed as income based. Luckily I have a copy of the ESA 3 I completed in 2013 this will be helpful, I will scan this new ESA 3 before sending it back.

I am very confident the DWP owe me some back pay I doubt it will be a large sum but it all helps.I am pleased I did not give up even when at times I felt very unwell I persisted >biggrin<   

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Great stuff, Gus, it's always nice to read a positive outcome where the DWP is concerned  >thumbsup<

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Good for you and as you say keep a copy of the ESA3 and you'll be able to work out when they should receive it - 6 days to process mail and 28 days to make a decision.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
:-)  the DWP wheels turn slowly but at least they are moving.