They've got me at last...

• 72 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: They've got me at last...

• on: 30 Dec 2019 09:23PM
Great stuff - though I'm aware this sort of award can be a mixed blessing as you get reminded all over again about how tough things can be.  Still, if you can have one less issue to contend with - having to fight for this and that benefit - well, that's something   >thumbsup<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 31 Dec 2019 09:19AM
Thank you all  >bighugs<

and yes it is a mixed blessing especially after I looked up what 'ongoing period' meant. 

>dove< now though  :-)

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer

• on: 01 Jan 2020 04:35PM
Due to have my face to face after the quoted two year period.  received a brown envelope Yesterday.
Made my day. It reads that they are extending the quoted two years and will be reviewed ten years after my last PIP was awarded.
'' Why have we done this''
 We have changed how often we review PIP awards for claimants who have reached state pension age ''

Take heart all pensioners.   >thumbsup<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 01 Jan 2020 07:23PM
Take heart all pensioners.   >thumbsup< title=thumbsup
>bighugs<

Jockice

• Charter Member

• on: 02 Jan 2020 11:07AM
The letter finally arrived and I have got enhanced for both  >crying< :-) It is award for a 'ongoing' period' which is explained here

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-end-unnecessary-pip-reviews-for-people-with-most-severe-health-conditions

Thank you for your support, the result is a relief especially after how the F2F went.

One interesting aspect was that I got a ESA letter the other day and it had the same date on it as today's letter so I think they probably did look at my ESA paperwork again too. Phew I feel like I can get back to moving forward in life.

Brilliant. Join the club. A club I'm happy for us both to be members of.

And talking of stairs, which you were later, my partner's place has pretty steep ones. She's had a ramp built so I can actually get into the place but getting to the bedroom is a Herculean task for the likes of me. I've only actually fallen down them once but have got stranded halfway several times. So most of the time when I'm there I usually end up kipping on the couch, unless she falls asleep there first, in which case it's the floor for me.

But she's bought me an airbed for Christmas. A king-sized one. Haven't tried it out yet but I'm going over there for her birthday on Saturday so aim to christen it then. And you never know, if I'm in a good mood, I may let her share it with me...
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2020 11:21AM by Jockice »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 04 Jan 2020 03:59PM
Thank you >biggrin<

Yikes a airbed. I remember sharing a double sized airbed with my sister who was much heavier than me and so when she moved I got bounced about which caused my body to 'spaz' out. Never again  >yikes<

ps as I was typing I needed to double check my award letter just in case I had misread it >doh<

Monic1511

• on: 04 Jan 2020 08:20PM
I've tried to sleep on an airbed but found it very difficult - mind you my major concern was that the cat would come into the room and try to nest on the bed - claws out and burst airbed here we come  >yikes<

Jockice

• Charter Member

• on: 06 Jan 2020 10:27AM
Tried it out on Saturday night. It's a high one so I can roll off there straight onto the couch. Or vice versa. It's great actually. Tried airbeds before  (in fact Christine and I burst my sister's) but this one seems pretty tough. There's a dog (a very big one) and a cat (small but violent) in the house but I don't think even they will be able to damage this.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 08 Jan 2020 11:16AM
Good one  >thumbsup< what make is it?

Jockice

• Charter Member

• on: 09 Jan 2020 10:23AM
It's an Active Era Premium King Size. I know that cos I put a picture of it on Facebook. In the box, not blown up.

Fiz

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jan 2020 08:11AM
That's excellent news sunshine

Jockice

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Jan 2020 08:42AM
Thanks Fiz.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Jan 2020 10:00AM
Jockice,

Tah it is good to have a 'review' from someone with CP because I was still assuming I would not be able to sleep on an airbed. Last time we had to stay in a motel and now I am thinking a airbed at Mum's bungalow might be okay.

Fiz,

Nice one  >thumbsup<