Jist a moan

• 6 Replies

JLR2

Jist a moan

• on: 02 Jul 2019 09:16AM
It's always the same, I do a big washing and now we get the rain bucketing doon  :-(  It cannot just be me, can it? It feels like I am some sort of natural switch, I sit looking out the main windows at sunshine, I step out the door and I'm being pelted by the rain and so I return to the house look out the window at the sunshine >steam<  I really wonder sometimes if I'm being watched by some clown hiding behind the nearest cloud who's just waiting to see me step out the door.

I know my thoughts are just daft but by heck the number of times I've experienced the routine I've described is beyond a joke. Much of my frustration is brought about I think through when many of these happenings happen. Usually they happen just when I could be doing well without it, like today I'm trying to get myself organised for heading to Glasgow tomorrow and due to circumstances I can not leave the hoose a tip to be tidied up when I return. Och well there we go, such is life :-)

lankou

• Charter Member

Re: Jist a moan

• on: 02 Jul 2019 04:07PM
It's always the same, I do a big washing and now we get the rain bucketing doon  :-(  It cannot just be me, can it?

I only have to step outside and it starts raining.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 02 Jul 2019 05:00PM
It's called The Law of Soddeth, JLR - and here's something else for you to grouse about if you want; I've moved the thread to a more appropriate destination  ;-)

huhn

• on: 02 Jul 2019 06:57PM
i know this also very well, but to it the weather comes from west and there i have a  big mountain so i can see the big black  clouds  first very late when it is to late and i  overlook the sunny beaches in front of me.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

• on: 02 Jul 2019 08:15PM
Its not the first time its been sunny at the front of my house but chukin it doon at the back, I have a kitchen pulley to save the hassle of trying to dry anything outside in Scotland

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 03 Jul 2019 10:02PM
It's logical that if there's a raincloud, the edge of the rain must be somewhere, but I always find myself a bit surprised if I'm by the edge of it, and have it raining one side of the house and not the other.

I have a verandah with a plastic roof leading onto a backless garage and side entry, which used once upon a time to be brilliant for drying clothes, but isn't so much so since repairs were done to gaps once large enough for birds to fly in and out and next in the garage loft.

I reckon every house and flat where possible should be built with somewhere for drying laundry that has a roof but ventilation and that isn't indoors (i.e. doesn't make your home damp).
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

huhn

• on: 05 Jul 2019 10:33AM
You are  right, also i think every house needs urgent a place to put bicycle etc in it. I am lucky, i  removed my central heating to be replaced with AC that can heat also later in the next few years so i get the outhouse  where the boiler stands as a storage place.