Feet swelling?

• 7 Replies

SteveX

Feet swelling?

• on: 04 Aug 2019 07:03PM
Hello all.

I'm wondering if any of you suffer the following or know anything about it. 
I noticed last night that my left foot is quite swollen and is rather puffy.  it's not painful but it looks quite bad.
My right foot looks totally normal with no swelling at all.

I'm wondering what it is and I'm unsure how long it's been like this.  So I don't know if I should start getting really worried or not. 

I've not knocked it, banged it or fallen, so it's just kind of developed.

any ideas what it could be?  (please don't say go to the docs, I can't cope with the stress of that)
Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Feet swelling?

• on: 04 Aug 2019 08:05PM
You could try wrapping something from the freezer in a tea cloth and putting that on your ankle for 10 minutes at a time.  that might help the swelling to go down.

SteveX

• on: 05 Aug 2019 10:14AM
Thanks, I'll try that.   also I noticed that it swells up in the daytime but then goes down during the night, not totally going but it's like 80% gone first thing in the morning.
Member of POMMAS

lankou

• Charter Member

• on: 05 Aug 2019 10:41AM
Sorry but you do need to see a doctor.

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 05 Aug 2019 11:19AM
That points to fluid retenion , But you really need to check it With your Doctor. (Sorry)
You need to give love to receive it.

huhn

• on: 05 Aug 2019 02:51PM
i went with this to the doctor but he done nothing, i got later even pain. my solution was first having  compression socks , feet up  over night, 3 cushions under, at daytime feet regularly up  and the best was a  full body massage weekly and lymph drainage massage weekly. now everything ok and walking walking walking only slowly but   moving and swimming.

SteveX

• on: 05 Aug 2019 07:18PM
Thanks all, I might have stumbled onto the main cause lol
I've been having knee pain for some weeks now (doc gave me some anti-inflammatory tablets but it didn't help)
So I bought a tight knee support strap and have been wearing it most days it just odd that yesterday was the first day I did not wear it and looking at my left foot today, the swelling is like 70% less.

So I'm wondering if wearing the tight strapping caused it. 
Member of POMMAS

MEdawn

• Charter Member
  • Silver Member

• on: 17 Aug 2019 08:24PM
Absolutely re the tight strapping - when I have to wear a tubigrip on my left ankle to stop it falling off (well that's what it feels like) my foot often swells much more than normal!

I find swimming in a nice cold lake or unheated lido helps me hugely with water retention in my legs, downside is I spend a lot of the next 24 hours going to the loo.