Sunflower Lanyard

• 5 Replies

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer

Sunflower Lanyard

• on: 12 Oct 2019 08:56AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but, as more places are starting to use the system. I thought I would give the helpful link.

https://www.hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/?fbclid=IwAR1y8eSC0B8zi01wkK9pk6JYZT4qbUPfqvRZ9rBHCrnzaSDgAqgr4lONOU0

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Sunflower Lanyard

• on: 13 Oct 2019 09:58AM
I had not heard of this, it is a good idea and a sunflower is friendly and cheerful.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Oct 2019 05:39PM
Oh yes, it seems that at airports you can bypass the queues if you wear one.

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer

• on: 15 Oct 2019 07:51AM
Sainsburys have reportedly joined. Should make life easier in the Christmas queue. >thumbsup< 

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog

• on: 27 Oct 2019 07:02PM
Poster spotted on the platform at Hastings Station, so Southeast Rail are adopting it.

If I'm not to tired out to remember, I'll ask at Bexhill on my way home tomorrow if Southern Rail are raking it up.

I would have put a picture up, but something is not letting me.

BTW on the site that SueSad posted you can buy the lanyards, plus cards to hang on them which have spaces for your name, Emergency Contact Details and your hidden disability, and I would suggest buying the covers to go over the card as it will a) protect the writing and b) stop the hole on the card pulling through.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Nov 2019 09:51AM
Emergency Contact Details and your hidden disability, and I would suggest buying the covers to go over the card as it will a) protect the writing and b) stop the hole on the card pulling through.
Good idea  >thumbsup<

There was a item on this on the BBC2 Victoria Derbyshire program the other day and they showed the lanyard and explained its use. There were three disabled people and a representitive from Marks and Spencers all taking about the benefits of people wearing the lanyard and talking about some of the countries  companies taking part already.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2019 10:04AM by Sunshine Meadows »