aaaand that's it folks!

• 6 Replies

SteveX

aaaand that's it folks!

• on: 12 Dec 2019 10:27PM
Exit poll predicts a huge Tory walkover.

With five years of tory rule in front of us, people like you and me are utterly and totally F-----d.
I swear if I had the money, I'd leave the country tomorrow, I am deeply deeply ashamed of all the blinkered fools voting for these jokers after the past nine years.

I am so so depressed right now, utterly despair.   >crying<  >crying<  >crying<
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

Re: aaaand that's it folks!

• on: 13 Dec 2019 08:57AM
 >bighugs< I know exactly how you feel, our grandparents survived Hitler so we will need to survive the Tories, itís scary how many folk are taken in by the liar in no 10

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 13 Dec 2019 09:26AM
>bighugs< 

It is shocking. I only hope they are benevolent dictators  :-(

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Dec 2019 01:25PM
 >steam< I dispare  >crying<
You need to give love to receive it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 13 Dec 2019 11:23PM
I admit to being even more frightened than I've been so far.

I oscillate back and forth between despair and "I've somehow survived this far."
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

SashaQ

• Charter Member

• on: 15 Dec 2019 11:06AM
Frightening times indeed...

This is some positivity in relation to the 'fake news war', though https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/05/europe/finland-fake-news-intl/

JLR2

• on: 18 Dec 2019 10:21AM
Excuse me but I do wonder if we might hear now about the police investigation into Johnson's funding of the American Acuri (sp?) whilst he was mayor of London, mind it was held back because of the GE. If I mind right there was another report which the then government claimed could not be released because of the GE, is that going to be released?

How can it be that a liar can be even allowed to stand for parliament? if a liar can be elected to then why should not anyone who lies ever find themselves facing challenge, be it through a court criminal or civil?  A lie is just that a lie and for the future of the people of a country to be in the hands of a liar is simply ridiculous.

No doubt I've muttered on about what I'm about to say before but I will say it again, having watched the BBC4 three parter telling of the rise of Hitler and the Nazis what we have been witnessing over recent years is history repeating itself. There were in 1930's Germany todays Dominic Cummings, Steve Bannon and the Australian guy who's name escapes me. There were fights for power by those behind Hitler, Goering, Himmler and another who's name escapes me again, Johnson though maybe not in the same category of Hitler (I have no belief that Johnson is in any way anti-Semitic nor do I wish to suggest or accuse him of being so) is like Hitler was in the early years of his rise to power a puppet of those behind him. I do believe Johnson is being fed his directions/orders where things such as the muffling and eventual control of the media (all of it) with the collusion of large areas of the MSM the Murdoch's of the world have a lot, in my opinion, of responsibility for the direction of western politics.

So far as China goes, well I do sometimes find myself asking how would any government look to govern even under a democratic system a country with the size of population seen in China? Imagine our first past the post system being used in a Chinese general election (including recounts) I do not mean to suggest in any way I condone the violence we've seen suffered by Chinese protesters in Hong Kong or elsewhere in China and I would like to see an independent Tibet.

Returning to the UK and what we are facing with this elected government, I cannot remember hearing anything during the election from the Conservatives with regards to what if any plans they have for welfare beyond their continuance of their Universal Credit system, I dread to think just how draconian and stark Johnson's ministers are going to be when they get around to telling us all what we will be faced with. One thought that has just crossed my mind is that maybe they will look to do away with National Insurance and replace it with everyone being required to take out private insurance similar to that seen in the US. This might be found to be part of any future UK/US trade deal opening the UK to these disability denial factory insurance companies with the mortality rates witnessed in the US being replicated here in the UK.

For me one hope is that the results in NI will see a reunification between the North and South of Ireland and this impacting of Scotland's fight to regain its Independence again, I can but hope.

OK muttering over >biggrin<
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2019 10:27AM by JLR2 »