Author Topic: completing esa3 form  (Read 637 times)

pjd

• Gold Member
completing esa3 form
« on: 01 Jan 2020 10:06PM »
Hi, I'm just about to send off my esa3 form that I got saying I may be entitled to some income related ESA.  Currently on contributory ESA and DLA only, and live with relatives in their house.

I'm just a bit confused on some of the tick boxes and think I've ticked the wrong ones so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Q.  P7 = has anyone cared for you since the date we've put on the form and what is their name and address?  -  I live with relatives in their home and they help care for me as well as other family members and friends so what do I put down?

Q.  P11. = have you ever had a statutory payment in the past?   I don't remember if I ever got statutory sick pay in the past or not as it was a long time ago so unsure how to answer.

Q.  P16 =  where you live section.
    Have you lived with parents, relatives etc since date of form.  I ticked yes.

Do the other questions in this section not apply to me even though I share the bills with relatives?, I.e.

- have you shared the rent or mortgage for the place where you live with   anyone else since date of form?

-  have you paid a private landlord, or housing association for the place where you live since date of form?

Thanks.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: completing esa3 form
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2020 09:50AM »
Hopefully you have been sent the form so the DWP can check if you are entitled to backdated Income Related ESA for more information please see this thread https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13752/

Monic knows a lot more about benefits than I do I expect she will be along in a while.

I think the question about anyone caring for you is so they can check if anyone got paid Carer's Allowance for caring for you, if no one did then I think you might be entitled to an extra premium in the backdated amount of money they owe you.

Is there a date on the front of the form if so they are asking about the time from that date until now?

pjd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2020 11:04AM »
Hi sunshine,

Yeah I think its to check for any backdated ir ESA top up from when I changed from incap to cb ESA in 2018.   Monic has helped me and worked out I'm only entitled to a few extra pounds but think I should still send it in.  I just got a bit confused over the tick boxes and how to answer them.

They are asking about from Feb 2018 to DEC 2019 and want bank statements during that period.

Thanks.

Monic1511

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2020 08:28PM »
Hi PJD
I might have answered these but will put them here anyway
I'm just a bit confused on some of the tick boxes and think I've ticked the wrong ones so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Q.  P7 = has anyone cared for you since the date we've put on the form and what is their name and address?  -  I live with relatives in their home and they help care for me as well as other family members and friends so what do I put down?
ANS: No  - no one has claimed carers for you and even though they provide care its an informal agreement so none of the DWP concern in this case

Q.  P11. = have you ever had a statutory payment in the past?   I don't remember if I ever got statutory sick pay in the past or not as it was a long time ago so unsure how to answer.
ANS: No - you would only get Statutory Sick Pay for the first 26 weeks of being off sick from an employer and I don't think that's the case in your situation.  SSP becomes IB/ESA if paid by the government

Q.  P16 =  where you live section.
    Have you lived with parents, relatives etc since date of form.  I ticked yes.

Do the other questions in this section not apply to me even though I share the bills with relatives?, I.e.

- have you shared the rent or mortgage for the place where you live with   anyone else since date of form?
The only way you would answer yes to this question would be if you were on the mortgage or a joint tenant on the rental agreement for the property,   Paying the TV bill, phone bill food bills isn't counted.  They want to know if you are liable for the mortgage or rent charges.
-  have you paid a private landlord, or housing association for the place where you live since date of form?
If you are not on the tenancy agreement then the answer is NO.

hope that clears things up a bit
 >bighugs<