Making life easier in various small ways

• 25 Replies

Richard_D

• Charter Member and Volunteer
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Looks good  >thumbsup<  does it change the way the forum looks when you are here?

Tony_Demoncy

• Silver Member
  • Wait - what?!
I tried Nighteye but found there was a conflict with Noscript
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

huhn

two things I have to share, first my son has build me flowerpots, 2 meter by 1 meter  and 1 high, very convenient to work in it, even trees are in.  the  second one is I have a rice cooker in my shop.  so when I want to  eat lunch I  just put in  1 sausage and then  rice  and veggies in and cook  everything in  one go.

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
I've found that Reddit is a great forum for advice on anything. I've been trying to make some bespoke gadgets to make up for my lack of movement, and people are very helpful when I need advice on parts and getting help to make them.

Fiz

• Charter Member
I've found that Reddit is a great forum for advice on anything. I've been trying to make some bespoke gadgets to make up for my lack of movement, and people are very helpful when I need advice on parts and getting help to make them.

That's interesting. I'd heard of Reddit but not known what it was. I'm looking for a new forum to chat on is it for general chatting too?

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Huhn,

>thumbsup< for me my rice cooker is easier to use because it is much lighter than the slow cooker the problem is I dont much like rice  >whistle<

Norrin,

I dont know about Reddit for advice but Mr Sunshine uses it a far bit and sends me lol links.

Fiz,

I was thinking we could have more of that on Ouch Too, have not got there yet though. I think reddit was originally a place were people talked about what they had seen elsewhere, but it looks to me like it grew into so much more. It can be a little hard to follow sometimes because the threads can break off into other branches of thought like a tree all the way to the twigs. It is worth a look but I am not sure how good the moderation is.

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Fiz

Reddit does have chat rooms. It's mostly used in a similar way to a forum site, but it's difficult to describe. Using Reddit seems complicated at first, but it's quite simple once you start using it. I mostly subscribe to things like disability, music, computers, and books. They have forums on almost everything.

Big Muff

• Silver Member
For wheelchair gloves try buying work gloves ( though tend to be priced for multiple numbers per order ) as much cheaper
i'm using these at present https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/skytec-argon-waterproof-thermal-gloves.html and they have lasted better than any other glove with full hand coverage .I'd recommend checking the analysis of what they are good for i.e. abrasion rating , cold etc and reviews.

Sunshine

Thank you for the information about the gloves. I followed the link and they look worth a try, especially if Mr Sunshine needs to start using a wheelchair more. I have several different pairs of Sealskinz gloves which are all good and look more feminine that those gloves. I can't safely push myself around outdoors so practicality and style are equally important.

A couple of years ago I realised that people who saw me out on my Powertrike with the dog were mistaking me for a bloke because I was wearing a ski jacket and red beanie. Once I dressed in a more feminine way other dog walkers were less judgemental about my dogs protective behaviour and my inability to make him sit. Hmm then again maybe it was all in my head and it was improvement born out of my change in attitude.

Big Muff

• Silver Member
Thank you for the information about the gloves. I followed the link and they look worth a try, especially if Mr Sunshine needs to start using a wheelchair more. I have several different pairs of Sealskinz gloves which are all good and look more feminine that those gloves. I can't safely push myself around outdoors so practicality and style are equally important.

A couple of years ago I realised that people who saw me out on my Powertrike with the dog were mistaking me for a bloke because I was wearing a ski jacket and red beanie. Once I dressed in a more feminine way other dog walkers were less judgemental about my dogs protective behaviour and my inability to make him sit. Hmm then again maybe it was all in my head and it was improvement born out of my change in attitude.
Yeah the deffo not feminine but I got them for walking my seriously deranged Border Collie (whose behaviour is appalling & a total embarrassment) so looks were secondary  .
My dogs behaviour is made worse for me by the fact my last one I had so well trained that I didn't even bother taking a lead with me for most walks .Rescue dogs for you it is a bit pot luck .