Author Topic: Worrying Confusing Appointment  (Read 703 times)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Worrying Confusing Appointment
« on: 19 Jan 2020 08:16PM »
Oh my goodness!

I've had one of those nasty brown envelopes landing on my doorstep, from the wonderful Don't Worry People.  They want me to go for another Worrying Confusion Appointment. 

Worrying: We all know why, the untrained readers of reports can take all our money.
Confusion: We all know how confused the Hardly Caring People get with simple left & right!
Appointment: Well, we have to go, if we are cancelled, no problem, if we cancel we lose!

Needing as many hugs as possible, just in case they get it all wrong again, it only took 2 years last time!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Worrying Confusing Appointment
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2020 10:49PM »
 >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<  >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2020 10:50PM »
PS don't forget to see if there's recording equipment you can borrow.  Some disability groups and advice services have them.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2020 09:37AM »
>bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

When was the last time you claimed ESA and had a Working Capability Assessment? I only ask because things do seemed to have changed a bit over the last few years. I am not saying the claiming process is easier so much as the outcomes seem to have become better. It might just be that the DWP bods realised it is not cost effective to keep creating situations where expensive appeals are necessary.

Maybe I have been living in my shell for too long and missed posts elsewhere about people appeal  >doh<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2020 05:24PM »
I thought this might be more at home in Welfare Rights...

ATurtle, wishing you the very best for your assessment  >x-fingers< - when is it and are you currently in the Support Group or the Work Related Activity Group?

>edited to add
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020 05:28PM by KizzyKazaer »

SteveX

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2020 06:51PM »
 >hugs<  >bighugs<  >hugs<
Member of POMMAS

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2020 01:58PM »
Wow! Talk about chalk and cheese, the last time I had a Work Capability Assessment, the centre was about 200m from the nearest parking and the assessor said I had a problem with my left knee (the one that had been replaced) but ... it was the right knee that had been replaced and that I could do things that weren't tested.

This time, a nice nurse who admitted that she wasn't totally conversant with some of the newer medications that I am on, but she checked all the things she had to check, including the way I had to pick up things and adaptations that I have had to make to cope with things.  

At the end of the assessment, over an hour, she said that if the decision maker couldn't realise that I was unfit for work, they must have a learning disability (or words to that extent).  She said she would arrange for a taxi to pick us up.  We assumed it was only to take us to the station, and we would use the second half of our return tickets back six miles to where we live.  The taxi driver refused to take us to the station, he had been booked, and paid, to take us back to our front door!  Maximus seem to be taking Atos' failings to heart!

Now for the long wait until I hear the result!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Monic1511

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2020 04:16PM »
Hi
Glad that it wasn't as stressful as usual

SteveX

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2020 06:34PM »
Very good. Best of luck to you! >thumbsup<
Member of POMMAS

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2020 06:57PM »
 >x-fingers<

Sunshine

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2020 11:15AM »
It is good to know that the assessment went better than expected. I hope you get a good outcome  >star<