Forum > Talk

The Corona Virus 2020 - theories, expectations and practical tips

(1/14) > >>

Sunshine:
I have been wanted to start this thread for a few days but I am worried about causing people to panic, then I remembered panic can be a normal human response so maybe see this thread as a safe space to panic

I am a child of the 1970s and have vivid memories of the plague drama that was show on BBC TV - Survivors. I don't remember there being a single disabled person in it. Anyway that along with the lists my sister used to make in case of nuclear war, plague or The Day of the Triffids means my response to the fear of societal bread down is to plan and act on those plans. One thing that was not available in the 1970s was online shopping so I have made a extra supermarket order which included bottled water and batteries. It seems like a good idea apart from the plastic in the bottles being bad for the environment.

Do you think the Corona Vrus is going to reach our shores and what do you have to say about it?

Strontium Green:
I was wondering about the same thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/27/what-is-coronavirus-symptoms-sars-china-wuhan

lankou:

--- Quote from: Sunshine on 28 Jan 2020 04:07PM ---

Do you think the Corona Vrus is going to reach our shores and what do you have to say about it?

--- End quote ---

Given the incubation period is up to 14 days, (possibly more.) I suspect it is already here.

Sunshine:

--- Quote ---Given the incubation period is up to 14 days, (possibly more.) I suspect it is already here.

--- End quote ---

Me too, so I have been thinking no more online shopping soon and just pick up things like bread and mil locally.

KizzyKazaer:
'Survivors' was great, parents and I watched much of it on DVD about 12 years ago.  Have to say I'm not overly concerned at the moment about the Corona Virus, the authorities seem to have it in hand so to speak...   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version