The Corona Virus 2020 - theories, expectations and practical tips

• 66 Replies

JLR2

"Burglaries - surely the burglars should be self isolating as well  >doh< "

Maybe they could if prison cells didn't see so many prisoners forced to share their cell with others :-)

SteveX

I have a question I've not seen answered on the news.   is it safe to order takeaway food?  ie curry, pizza?

I ask because although I was lucky enough to book a home delivery on the 3rd of April, even though I'm on 'ration' level right now my food isn't going to quite stretch enough so a takeaway would bridge the gap. 

but.. I'm unsure, I mean how do you know their hygiene is good when preparing it?
Member of POMMAS

JLR2

Hi StevieX, I would like to think using a well known supplier might provide some reassurance regarding their hygiene standards.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Yes you can still order a takeaway but the problem is payment - I suspect they will want card payment rather than cash but you can only ask.

Corona is transmitted through body fluids - sweat, salivia etc so unless a sweaty delivery guy arrives at the door I think your safe.

Don't get mad but what about the foodbank - lots of them are doing deliveries as they know folk are self isolating

SteveX

Yes you can still order a takeaway but the problem is payment - I suspect they will want card payment rather than cash but you can only ask.

Corona is transmitted through body fluids - sweat, salivia etc so unless a sweaty delivery guy arrives at the door I think your safe.

Don't get mad but what about the foodbank - lots of them are doing deliveries as they know folk are self isolating

Thanks, payment by card is ok. can do that.  I'm just worried about the guy coughing into it as he makes it.  haha

and jeez, I'd never get mad with you, you could even call me sweary names and I'd not get mad.  I owe you so much.  >hugs<
Member of POMMAS

oldtone27

• Charter Member
I'm no expert but I would imagine that the cooking process would kill most viruses post preparation. The risk might be during the packing, but I any reputable establishment would ensure any staff coughing and spluttering would be sent home immediately.

I don't reckon the risk is any greater than a normal food delivery.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
 >bighugs< Aw Steve - Thanks
I wont be swearing at anyone - yet and as long as I don't get caught rolling eyes we'll be fine >lol<

I think ordering take away should be fine
enjoy your meal