Author Topic: I don't believe it omg no!  (Read 725 times)

SteveX

I don't believe it omg no!
« on: 24 Mar 2020 02:49PM »
I do not believe this, my god I don't. 
We have the damn covid-19 kicking around and I can't even see my own mum and I'm trying to self isolate and today I get a form from the DWP asking me to fill it in and go for a medical.

ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT HUMAN?

I'm already worried to death about the virus, my mum and myself and now I'm probably going to be force to attend a medical in 3-4 weeks.

I am in tears right now, I just don't know what to do about from cry.

Heartless awful people  >crying<  >crying<  >crying<
Member of POMMAS

gus

• Diamond member
Re: I don't believe it omg no!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2020 03:58PM »
Please don't worry check the link. There will be no face to face assessments for 3 months so I think you will be covered by this suspension of assessments.https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-health-assessments-for-benefits-suspended-amid-coronavirus-outbreak for some reason link is not working as a hyperlink so just copy and paste.

« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2020 04:09PM by gus »

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2020 05:44PM »
 >hugs<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2020 05:51PM »
This link works:-

Live links at link:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-health-assessments-for-benefits-suspended-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

Press release

Face-to-face health assessments for benefits suspended amid coronavirus outbreak
Claimants on disability benefits will no longer be required to attend face-to-face assessments. The change also covers health checks for Universal Credit.

Published 16 March 2020
Last updated 16 March 2020 — see all updates
Department for Work and Pensions and The Rt Hon Thérèse Coffey MP

Face-to-face assessments for all sickness and disability benefits will be suspended for the next 3 months, the government announced today (16 March 2020).

The temporary move, effective on Tuesday 17 March 2020, is being taken as a precautionary measure to protect vulnerable people from unnecessary risk of exposure to coronavirus as the country’s response ramps up in the ‘delay’ phase. We will ensure those who are entitled to a benefit continue to receive support, and that new claimants are able to access the safety net.

It affects claimants of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), those on Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and some on Universal Credit, and recipients of Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

The suspension of face-to-face assessments also covers new claims to those benefits.

Work and Pensions Secretary Thérèse Coffey said:

As we move into the next phase of our response to coronavirus, it is right we take steps to protect those with health problems.

Temporarily suspending face-to-face assessments for sickness and disability benefits will allow us to ensure we continue to provide a safety net for those in need, while removing unnecessary risk of exposure to this disease.

Anyone who has a face-to-face assessment appointment scheduled from Tuesday 17 March onwards does not need to attend and will be contacted to discuss next steps and alternative arrangements, which could involve either telephone or paper-based assessments. We expect this measure will be in effect for the next 3 months but we will be regularly reviewing the position in line with Public Health advice.

No further action is required by any claimant as a result of this change. They will be contacted with advice on next steps.

DWP continues to accept new claims for all benefits. Anyone already receiving PIP, ESA, Universal Credit or Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, will continue to receive their current payments as normal while alternative arrangements are put in place to review or reassess their claim.

Suspending face-to-face health assessments is a precautionary measure which reflects the Prime Minister’s decision to trigger the ‘delay’ phase. It is important to note that this change does not affect or change any existing public health advice.

Read the current NHS guidelines on coronavirus, including advice on those who should stay at home.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2020 05:52PM by lankou »

SteveX

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2020 06:55PM »
Thank you for your help!

I had my daily phone call with my mum and tried to hide it but she can read me like a book and knew something had upset me.  When I told her she was shocked.   couldn't believe they'd send them out in the current situation.

So according to the posts above its on hold for 3 months?  I'm a bit confused and I see 3 options
1: fill in form and post (will not be 'signed for' this time as I cannot get to a post office so it will be normal post only.

2: wait 3 months and then fill it in

3: do nothing and wait.

Either way I'm disgusted they are still sending these out, we have enough stress and worry at the moment but I guess they simply don't care one jot.

I would like Monic's input on the best thing to do here.   
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2020 09:25PM by SteveX »
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2020 09:28PM »
OK Steve - stop the panic about the form, you only make yourself worse and it'll upset your mum as well.

The DWP are (as has already been said) not holding any face to face interviews / assessments for the next 4 months.  That doesn't mean you wait 4 months to return the form either.   There have been several changes where people are being sent ESA50 forms and returning them AND NEVER BEING CALLED FOR A MEDICAL.  Waiting time for medical is often 13 weeks, right now the dwp are telling the health care teams to use the paper documents that they have and previous forms to make a decision.

After the last set of forms you sent the dwp should have enough information if they look at it and you put the same or similar stuff in this form.

Calm down a bit and then complete the part with name address and health conditions, leave the medicine and GP details for another day.  do a couple of pages at a time and it'll be done in 10 days.

Posting it - either take pictures of each page or just post it as soon as its done.  I had a parcel delivered today and got an email saying your parcel was signed for with a picture of the signature - it said "COVID19" for the signature so no point paying extra when it wont be signed for.

I hope you have calmed down a bit by now -  ;-)
take care
Monic

SteveX

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2020 09:30PM »
Monic I love you so much, thank you.  >hugs<
Member of POMMAS

lankou

• Charter Member

huhn

« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2020 08:03AM »
i agree, they are not human. i got 2 days ago a request for a backpayment from the welfare. first the figur is wrong. second the requst is strange. 2 departments are not communicating with each other. and now  can not get the relevant  papers . and not only the request,they even give only 60 days and then it goes to court. also i have now no contAct to my girls. everything is closed.

SteveX

« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2020 07:23PM »
Today I finished filling out the form, it was very hard as usual and I had to take days and many breaks just to cope with the stress. also my mum has been a help but had to help on the phone (god knows what the phone bill will be after this but as long as she's okay I don't care)

I normally send these guaranteed next day so they have to sign for it and they cannot lie and say they didn't get it but I just cannot get to the post office now as the nearest one is nearly 2 miles away. 

So I will pop it through the nearest postbox and just hope they get it and don't lie about it.

fingers, toes and everything crossed.   >crying<
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2020 08:22PM »
Well done for completing the form, post is slow just now as many postal workers are off sick, I suspect your esa will stay the same as they are too focused on the thousands of uc claims they have to process and all assessments are shelved anyway.

Post it and just ignore it the best you can. >bighugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 01 Apr 2020 09:25PM »
Great advice from Monic there (and  >x-fingers<  for a favourable outcome, whenever that may be)

I would not like to be a member of DWP staff involved in delivering Universal Credit right now, it must be an absolute nightmare.

SteveX

« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2020 06:54PM »
Well I'm just a little concerned.  The 'deadline' for sending it was the 18th and I've heard nothing yet.  I know they are probably snowed under with new claims but I'm just sat here wondering if my money will still be going in my account or not.   (not that I can get to it right now).

Knowing them and my history with them, they are keeping it until the very first people go back to work and then the next day BANG, another joke medical appointment date.  (yes I'm bitter, sorry. cannot help it)
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

« Reply #13 on: 04 May 2020 07:59PM »
All Face to Face medicals have been suspended, all awards are continued so your money will not stop, you probably wont hear anything because they are snowed under and most of them are working from home as well .

I will try and find you the links to the news to confirm what Ive said

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/disability-benefit-awards-to-be-automatically-extended-by-six-months-if-due-for-reassessment-in-the-next-three-months-says-minister

Disability benefit awards to be automatically extended by six months if due for reassessment in the next three months

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/sickness-and-disability-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended-for-the-next-three-months-as-a-result-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak

Sickness and disability benefit reviews and reassessments suspended for the next three months as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

We will do whatever it takes to protect claimants and our staff, says Work and Pensions Secretary

Sickness and disability benefit reviews and reassessments are being suspended for the next three months as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, the Work and Pensions Secretary Thérèse Coffey has announced.

So based on that you could phone DWP and spend 90 minutes listening to the muzak only for some worker to tell you that the department will extend you award and after the 3 months are up it will depend on where we are with lock down if they call you for another medical or not.

I'm working from home and its not fun so I have sympathy for any DWP staff trying to access their system on a laptop and wear a headset and answer all the questions folk have.
Edited to try and reduce text size - Im not really shouting at anyone >doh<

Edited to fix font a bit more - Sunshine
« Last Edit: 05 May 2020 09:02PM by Sunshine Meadows »

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: 04 May 2020 11:53PM »
Steve, I understand that you're worried and I don't have information that Monic doesn't have, I'm just posting to remind you what you already know - Monic is switched on and informed about this stuff.  Trust her.

Also, even in ordinary times, it's possible to get benefits without a medical.  I've never had a medical for Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, ESA, DLA or PIP and I've been claiming (with a couple of gaps) for about 20 years.   Obviously, that's the exception to the rule, but the reason I mention it is that where Monic says they're suspending physical assessments, they have existing systems for dealing with claims where they don't do a physical assessment.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)