I have my doubts

• 17 Replies

JLR2

I have my doubts

• on: 25 Mar 2020 07:21PM
Today's news that Prince Charles has tested positive for the virus sees in me doubt. I suspect this news as being intended to say to everyone we are all in this together. I mean he tests positive and yet she who is married to him tests negative?  Are we to believe when at home they have been 2mtrs apart at all times?  Perhaps they don't share the same bedroom, unlike many married couples. I guess they sit well apart when watching television, they do watch television don't they?

Another issue that crossed my mind is that of their security staff, have they been told to self isolate?  My thinking behind that question being the security staff would at times be within 2mtrs of the Prince and in that regard I feel it would be possible for all those with whom the Prince came into close contact with to be identified and traced as the security team would see to it that very few people ever came close to the Prince and those that did would be known as being of no risk to the Prince.

Maybe I just need to busy myself >biggrin<
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2020 07:25PM by JLR2 »

SteveX

Re: I have my doubts

• on: 25 Mar 2020 07:51PM
I've nothing against the royals (although most of them don't interest me) and I have massive respect for the Queen but I'm a little dismayed at why he got tested so fast and our brave NHS workers don't and they are in the firing line.
Member of POMMAS

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights

• on: 25 Mar 2020 08:14PM
Prince Albert of Monaco has also tested positive and he was with Charles last week, maybe Camilla has a better immune system than him and can you really see them snuggling up together?  I don't as Charles doesn't come across as a touchy feely person.
Other notables Chancellor Merkel, the president of the EU - cant remember his name but he's the baddie in the Brexit drama if you are a brexiteer.

Theres footage of Charles shaking hands with folk last week and yes his staff have been told to self isolate as well. It'll be the Queen everyone is worried about as Charles normally gives his mum a cuddle when he sees her. 

hope you are all behaving and not wandering about out of doors

JLR2

• on: 25 Mar 2020 08:25PM
Merkel's case came about through her doctor being diagnosed with the virus but such as the Monaco guy's case is in part what had me suspecting there was a bit of we are all in this together being put out.

Charles being touchy feeling?  He was enough in love with her that he saw fit to have an affair with her whilst knowing she was married and could hardly keep his hands off her for long after the death of Princess Diana.

Certainly I have not heard much about serious attempts to contact anyone Charles was in recent contact with, no calls to the public asking if they might have attended any event where Charles was present. Then again either the authorities aren't too concerned about anyone being infected by Charles because they are aware he is not infected or they don't care about those who may have been infected.

JLR2

• on: 25 Mar 2020 09:16PM
What does anyone think would be the case were Prince Charles, sadly, to fail in making a full recovery? (I, for all that I dislike the RF, do hope he does make such a full recovery)  Apart from Prince William immediately becoming heir to the throne, how would any funeral be handled?  Would there be a limit to the numbers allowed to attend his funeral?  Would it be held as a private funeral with only the immediate family in attendance?
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2020 09:18PM by JLR2 »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 26 Mar 2020 09:19PM
I would think your last option would be the only choice they had - 'the Firm' can hardly be seen to flout the rules that apply to the rest of us in this time of crisis, can they?

JLR2

• on: 27 Mar 2020 08:04AM
'the Firm' can hardly be seen to flout the rules that apply to the rest of us in this time of crisis, can they?

Charles, it would appear, decided he could after all he is a Prince.

JLR2

• on: 27 Mar 2020 11:34AM
So now we are being asked to believe Johnson has tested positive for the virus, pathetic!

The guy's taking the micky.

On the edge

• Gold Member

• on: 27 Mar 2020 11:43AM
Charles paid for a test out of his own money, there was no queue jumping.  OK we all don't have his money or connections but.. what was he to do? ignore it?

JLR2

• on: 27 Mar 2020 11:51AM
Just as I believe Charles's claim to have tested positive for the virus I believe Johnson's claim are but propaganda. Johnson's is IMO clearly fake going by his video clip on the BBC News, where is this alleged persistent cough he claims?  Why his constant smirk?  Answer? he's lying and knows folk will see through his lie. Let him prove he has tested positive by dying.

On the edge

• Gold Member

• on: 27 Mar 2020 11:54AM
Just as I believe Charles's claim to have tested positive for the virus I believe Johnson's claim are but propaganda. Johnson's is IMO clearly fake going by his video clip on the BBC News, where is this alleged persistent cough he claims?  Why his constant smirk?  Answer? he's lying and knows folk will see through his lie. Let him prove he has tested positive by dying.

Well, I am not a medic are you?

JLR2

• on: 27 Mar 2020 12:08PM
I am no way qualified, in any walk of life, but feel sure I can spot someone taking the micky as Johnson is seeking to do. When do you suppose we'll be hearing Cummings has gone down with a positive test? 

So far as Johnson's self imposed isolation goes who in their right mind will notice the difference if they never set eye on the waste of space that Johnson is again?

Johnson could have kept his mouth shut and done his job as usual without making this announcement and no one would have noticed his absence but no he had to tell everyone didn't he. There was no way he was going to be the last one amongst world leaders to declare he had tested positive for "mild" coronavirus give it a few hours or days and we'll be hearing Trump claiming he has tested positive for the most tremendous coronavirus ever discovered.   

JLR2

• on: 27 Mar 2020 12:32PM
Just three comments from the Guardian's web pages

"If I was being deeply cynical I would say this conforms to the Heseltine guide to Johnson.

Trudeau and Merkel self isolate so he has to go one better."

"Why does he sound so cheery in that video? He almost sounds like a YouTuber.
"Hey, you guys! Don't forget to subscribe to hear all about my coronavirus!"

"Is it some kind of publicity stunt? It gets him out of answering questions for two weeks. Its pretty ironic to say the least that he has caught it. Of all the people of the UK Boris Johnson gets it. Perhaps he caught it off Nadine the other day? Hows she coming along? Anybody care?"

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 28 Mar 2020 12:46AM
I loathe Boris, but I don't think he's faking it.

The research so far shows that whilst some people with covid-19 are severely ill and even dying, most people who get it have only mild symptoms.  E.g. you could have the temperature without all but a bit of a cough, and the temperature could be brought down with paracetamol if you're not severely ill.  Also, although government info keeps referring to a 'continuous' cough, it doesn't have to be continuous.  I think 'continual' cough or 'cough that won't go away' would be nearer the mark.  You don't have to be coughing non-stop.

My guess is that he was tested on the basis of either his close contact with at least one other person with the virus, or on the basis of mild symptoms.

That being said, do I think it would be beyond Boris to consider faking it if he didn't have it?  I think he might consider it, but I also think that if he was faking it, he'd make a bit of a show of coughing or sweating or something and he'd take care not to get tested, making a show of saying he wasn't a priority for testing, he'd just self-isolate.

I have to say, though, that I think the most persuasive argument in favour of the diagnosis being genuine is the speed with which Cummings did a runner from number 10.  The news videos of it are funny.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

• on: 28 Mar 2020 06:58AM
"I have to say, though, that I think the most persuasive argument in favour of the diagnosis being genuine is the speed with which Cummings did a runner from number 10."

1st if Cummings was trying to give the impression he was running scared of the virus he would have been tested by the same NHS team that allegedly checked out Johnson and 2nd why should anyone feel the need to run from the door of No10? I would suggest it may be part of his own idea to use Johnson to send a message that "We are all in this together" and no one is immune from the virus.