Author Topic: Has anyone had a "confined to barracks" for 12 weeks letter yet?  (Read 613 times)

oldtone27

• Charter Member
As a correction to what I wrote before, I read an article in the New Scientist which suggested that coronavirus can be airborne, but I still doubt the strength of the wind would make much difference.

More concerning, the news this morning said that recent research found that it might even spread more that 2 metres by coughing and sneezing.

Stand well clear!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Indeed - I've already developed a habit of turning my face away from those who pass me a little too near for comfort!

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Nor me - it's probably gone out second-class,
Second class?? It's most probably gone out "postage due"!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunshine

Regarding the bank process, it seems quite possible that the money laundering rules are causing you a problem. Any large deposit is open to suspicion.  A bank loan from Germany with documentation may not have been too much of a problem, but I doubt your friend would have the required credibility without further investigation. I think your solution is best.

I agree with Oldtone. Is there anyway your friend could provide documentation for the money? It is just I am thinking if I loaned 5000 from my brother and bank transferred the money referencing it as say Car Loan would it be the same as getting a bank loan. My brother is very rich and of course he would help me ha ha

I heard somewhere that the distance of two metres for social distancing is seen as a doable thing whereas making it greater would  be harder to do and leave people feeling scared, defeated or thinking why bother.

JLR2

Hi Sunshine, I had spoken with another branch about my friend wishing to help me with my mortgage and using euros to do so. What we worked out was if she was to come over and provide the various documentation doc's showing where this money had come from (inheritance) things would probably go through OK. That idea was arrived at before the lockdowns were put into effect and the plan to see her over in July were dropped. When my mortgage now comes up for renewal I'll have to accept the new terms and interest rates offered by the bank and will no longer be able to reduce the remaining mortgage and in doing so reduce any future interest due on the lower borrowing I would have needed.

I'm lucky in that I have enough income through the benefits I have at the moment to meet my current mortgage payments given what thousands are facing due to the fur-longing of their employment causing them to have problems with either their landlords or meeting their mortgage payments. I dread to think just how things will go once the virus has been beaten through the discovery of a vaccine. Something that has been causing me a bit of a niggle is the way the government cut its 12 billion from the welfare budget but now has the wherewithal to write off 13.2 billion of NHS debt, that and the masses of billions to pay the 80% of employees wages. I would suggest this is proof, if it were needed that the welfare cuts were ideological from the very start of government's imposed austerity.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2020 04:48PM by JLR2 »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Something that has been causing me a bit of a niggle is the way the government cut its 12 billion from the welfare budget but now has the wherewithal to write off 13.2 billion of NHS debt, that and the masses of billions to pay the 80% of employees wages. I would suggest this is proof, if it were needed that the welfare cuts were ideological from the very start of government's imposed austerity

Didn't Mrs Thatcher once say that she only 'tolerated' the welfare state?

Nor me - it's probably gone out second-class,
Second class?? It's most probably gone out "postage due"!

A week on and still no letter from BoJo - was it a mere figment of his fevered imagination, or did the Royal Snail just lose it?  Answers on a postcard, please...

>edited to add
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2020 08:53PM by KizzyKazaer »