Author Topic: Cold case's  (Read 861 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Re: Cold case's
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2020 05:14PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

I have had 2nd thought's about using a STUN GUN what about using a super sooker (giant water pistol) or I could resort to giving the patronising B*s*e*d a very strong talking to with a community order to work in a day center for mobility challenged people

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 23 Apr 2020 07:05PM »
Or what about some sort of a gun that covers someone not in water but in something like glitter?  It would be a pain in the wotsit for them to wash off and also make them be stared at and maybe laughed at, so they'd briefly see what that's like.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: 23 Apr 2020 09:01PM »
Hello Sunny clouds

I like your idea of a  pink gun gee mixed with wall paper paste shooting of a yellow fire extinguisher so patronising are deeply embarrassed + I could wear a Mr Blooby type out fit (Noel Edmunds)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: 23 Apr 2020 09:24PM »
This just gets better and better  >lol< The light relief is most welcome in these strangest of times >thumbsup< 

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 24 Apr 2020 01:48PM »
Could we have a support team of unexpected problem-solvers?

What about someone with dementia or other memory disorder who's seen as being clueless about what's around them, but who actually remembers/understands things from the past and therefore makes connections others wouldn't?

(To show how people can underestimate that way, towards the end of Dad's life, he was in a nursing home.  He couldn't communicate much and didn't seem to have much mental function left.  They took his zimmer frame off him then were alarmed when he used his wheeled table-trolley as a zimmer frame.)

Or the person with a white cane whom people assume can see nothing but who actually has a bit of good vision in between the bad vision?   My mother had glaucoma and AMD in one eye.  The glaucoma took out the outside, the AMD took out the middle but she learnt to use the doughnut of vision in between.  When I was using a white cane, because it was 'night vision' that was worst affected, which caused problems on buses, in shops etc., people didn't get why I was ok in a supermarket, never having registered the difference in brightness.

What sometimes catches people out with me is that if you look at a hearing test, I have severe deafness.  But they only test a few tones.  Think of it a bit as if they tested every eighth key or something on a piano.  I appear to have hyperacusis (over-sensitive hearing) on a couple of pitches in-between the ones they test.  So I can strain to hear someone and suddenly jump at a noise they barely registered.

So you could have someone on the team that can't hear speech without hearing aids but who could pick up a quiet electronic 'beep' noise that others don't.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: 25 Apr 2020 04:33PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I really like the idea of a team with barely understood ABILITY'S (the expression blind as a bat spring's to mind but look how successful they BATS are) I am planning to join a local ammeter dramatic group soon + I want to show case the talents of disabled people* as I know from experience disabled have an abundance of talents to give to the World we are valuable people

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2020 09:22PM »
I'd never come across that example of bats before to illustrate disability combined with ability.  I shall use it in future.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: 26 Apr 2020 09:18AM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

Last night I got some bad news

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: 26 Apr 2020 09:51AM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

Sorry about the partial reply but the bad news I rang the director of the local Am Dram group + the stage is NOT repeat NOT accessible to wheelchairs he took my phone number so if things change he will let me know

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: 26 Apr 2020 09:16PM »
Oh hell.  Maybe some other group would be interested?   A performance in a community centre or college?

I wish I had contacts in television, I think it would make a great drama and it wouldn't cost a lot either.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: 27 Apr 2020 01:22PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I will defiantly give your ideas a serious thought but I thought we could virtualy set a stage uo in tyhe good ship

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2020 01:24PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: 27 Apr 2020 02:11PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

The last 2 message's just seemed to post them self' but I will seriouly think about your idea's but as the ship HAPPYNESSs

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2020 03:01PM »
I'm not complaining at that, Bule, wherever works for you.  I still think the whole concept is brilliant.  Not just a token disabled detective, but one with attitude.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2020 03:32PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

What a nightmare I can't get my computer to the repair man to stop it  automaticlly posting half a letter because of the lock down. But I was thinking we could do a stage play with with plenty of rehursely's showing
the hidden talent's we disabled people have with out been interrupted

by bloody patronising do-goodeer's who think they are perfect (been self righteous must be a form of physiologic impairment.

This way we can go to all the country's in the World + demonstrate beyond a doubt just what we are capable of