Author Topic: Rationing  (Read 548 times)

Sunshine

Re: Rationing
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2020 09:11AM »
 >lol<  >lol<  >lol<  yes very true.

huhn

« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2020 10:17AM »
if head of toilet  roll is not chopped  of, no punishment  for dog. >whistle< >whistle< >whistle< >whistle< >whistle< >whistle< >whistle< >whistle<

JLR2

« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2020 01:09PM »
Here this dog widnae be a golden Labrador wid it? >biggrin<

Sunshine

« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2020 07:59AM »
 >biggrin<

Labrador x Husky boy and a Lurcher cross from the RSPCA. Lurchers are a type not a pure breed so it can be tricky working out how they are going to turn out. Annie grew big all of a sudden so good thing we have two settees.

Bran knew the toilet roll dismemberment was wrong but Annie was like a three year old and had already moved onto her next project.

JLR2

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2020 04:43PM »
Go it >biggrin<  100+ drive but I got 500ml of Hibiscrub from a Boots chemist in Inverness this morning using the prescription my GP's surgery gave me on Friday.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2020 08:01PM »
>thumbsup<  now the rest required to recover from the travel

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2020 12:05PM »
Thank goodness you got the Hibiscrub, JLR2.  I wish it hadn't required so much effort on your part, though.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2020 11:00AM »
Thought I'd give a wee update on things, I was thinking over the last couple of days about the shortage of this Hibiscrub and this morning decided to ask if the chemist I obtained the scrub from in Inverness had anymore in stock I might be able to have. When I phoned down and spoke with them they told me they only had a 5ltr container so I explained I'd ask my GP if they would provide a prescription for me to get this 5ltr.

I'm waiting for a return call from my GP's surgery but know that if he is not prepared to provide such a prescription for me at this time the chemist in Inverness will let me have the 5ltr bottle they have at cost price (24) so now I'll just wait to see if my GP phone's but without so much worry.

JLR2

« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2020 11:33AM »
Good news my GP has provided a prescription and I'll be off down to Inverness again to collect it towards the end of the week >biggrin<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: 13 May 2020 03:41PM »
Gold stars for your GP!  I hate how essentials suddenly become unobtainable.

That's why even though it's tough being in withdrawal from the halving of one of my meds, it's worth it.  It's brexit-prep withdrawal, because a campaigning neurologist has already pointed out major supply problems and wants the government to do something to prepare for brexit supplies.  Yeah, sure.  The government that couldn't be bothered to check the ferry company it contracted with actually had any ferries.

But whilst I can cut my meds and go through partial withdrawal now so if I lose them completely at some point, it'll be  less tough, it's a totally different kettle of fish when something you rely on, like hibiscrub, isn't something you can withdraw from and get on without as opposed to then needing a substitute.

Yes, I'm going to say what you've almost certainly already thought of - phone that chemist to 'reserve' the hibiscrub now so they don't sell it to someone else before you turn up with the scrip.

I've risked you feeling slightly grumbly at being told the obvious since for all that I'm erratic about posting here, I do value Ouchers.  (Including those I 'debate strongly' with, such as OtE.)
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

« Reply #25 on: 13 May 2020 05:13PM »
"The government that couldn't be bothered to check the ferry company it contracted with actually had any ferries"

Och, they're away wi'the ferries >biggrin<

I spoke with the chemist Sunny and he's told me it'll be put aside for me and thanked me for letting him know I had the prescription to bring down with me.

Sunshine

« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2020 09:53AM »
 >bighugs<  >thumbsup<