Author Topic: Flypast for Capt Tom  (Read 233 times)

JLR2

Flypast for Capt Tom
« on: 30 Apr 2020 09:01AM »
Following the BBC's coverage of the flypast for Capt Tom I felt I just had to send this email to the Breakfast team at the BBC,

"Lovely flypast for Captain Tom, pity you couldn’t keep your mouths shut long enough for viewers to hear the sound of the spitfire and hurricane. Do us a favour and learn when to keep your mouth SHUT!"

Now I feel better :-)

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Flypast for Capt Tom
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2020 09:11AM »
I agree, the sound of the engines is what matters:-

<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5rGyP6SSYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2020 09:22AM »
Much appreciated Lankou, awesome >thumbsup<

JLR2

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2020 09:25AM »
Seems to be something odd happening to my posting. I tried to reply to your post there Lankou but kept getting a screen telling me to check the web address, let's see if it'll post this message.

JLR2

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2020 09:27AM »
It did, now I had been trying to say in my first reply the footage you posted was absolutely awesome.

SteveX

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2020 06:38PM »
I agree, the sound of the engines is what matters:-

<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5rGyP6SSYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Glorious, simply glorious sound!

I've been on this planet close to 60 years now and there is no sound that stirs my blood like the sound of a beautiful Merlin.   >thumbsup<
Member of POMMAS