Author Topic: Anyone here have Addison's Disease?  (Read 468 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Anyone here have Addison's Disease?
« on: 15 Jun 2020 04:27PM »
I'm newly diagnosed  and struggling to come to terms with the lifelong condition especially being on steroids for life. 

Apart from a normal blood test showing my cortisol was 84,  I haven't had any further tests yet. Or been seen by Endocrine. Just a diagnosis by telephone and an instruction on what dose of steroids to take. And now I am left with a ton of questions and no one to ask. 

Clinics haven't re-opened yet post lockdown.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Anyone here have Addison's Disease?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2020 12:17PM »
I don't have it but I thought I'd offer a hug.  New conditions are tough enough without knowing others with them for info, advice and support.

>bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2020 08:13AM »
>bighugs< thank you sunny I really appreciate it. 

The Endo phoned me Thursday and told me my normal cortisol levels are very low still. Although my cortisol did rise from having the artificial ACTH text to stimulate the adrenal gland so I do have some responses to infection which is good news. 

They're now wanting to check my pituitary gland so more blood tests plus an MRI scan with contrast dye then we'll see what the results of those go. I'm not fazed by MRI scanners which is helpful..

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2020 01:12PM »
My Son Ryan Has Secondary Addisons and has to take extra cortisol.    He has to keep an emergency injection with him at all times as he can lose conenceness easily needing a jab. We have been very lucky as even though he has been diagnosed for over 15 years , We can recognise the symptom of it so can stop it before it gets critical. Just realized that his cortisol is due and the little puppy goes back wards and forwards between his door and me as if she know I need to get his meds. 
My little alarm. She knows if he fits in the next room even when I am in my room  She will come and get me, Bless her she is only 8 months old.