BoB by Hurtyback

• 3 Replies

Sunshine

BoB by Hurtyback

• on: 14 Nov 2011 04:41PM
Hurtyback wrote

(Date Posted:12/11/2011 7:57 PM)
   Share to:

Being a forum junkie, I have tried to join the Broken of Britain forum. I seem to have bbeen directed to 2 different sites (Yuku and ProBoards) and both of them need me to be 'approved' in some way.

Can someone tell me which is the correct site, and what else I need to do to join please? I do love OuchToo but I'd like to have a look at others too.

Sunshine

Re: BoB by Hurtyback

• on: 14 Nov 2011 04:42PM
Sunshine Meadows wrote

(Date Posted:12/11/2011 8:27 PM)

Hurtyback,

The last I heard the Proboard had a tech issue and so the Yuku board was created. The link on the blog goes to Yuku, I logged into my Yuku account and got this joining page.

In order to gain access to this site you must apply for membership first. We like to learn about our potential members beforehand to ensure that our discussions are thoughtful, lively and spam free. If you are interested in becoming a member of this site, please click the "apply for membership" button and you will be contacted via private message whether or not your application was accepted. Sorry for the inconvenience.
This makes sense when you read the message on the blog that starts with,

Tuesday, 8 November 2011
We'll Be Back Soon!
Dear all,

We at The Broken of Britain HQ are having a break for a while.  At the moment, we don't know how long we will be away for, but it will, most probably, be around a month....

http://thebrokenofbritain.blogspot.com/

It is likely that they are trying to stop spam bots joining and also if they are having a rest having an application process like the one they have helps keep track of who is joining and why.

On Ouch Too between Hossy, Kizzy and myself we are able to manage things in a different way.

That being said if I were you I would join Yuku and see what the BOB forum is like.
:-)

Sunshine

• on: 14 Nov 2011 04:44PM
Hurtyback wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 12:50 PM)

Thanks sunshine!

hossylass wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 2:53 PM)

Hmmmm, the are thinking of getting rid of the forum and directing people to here as one option.

No decisions as such have been made as far as I know.

Hurtyback wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 3:32 PM)

What a shame - I'm just looking for something else to read when I am bored!

gorbut wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 10:58 PM)

I have been waiting for months to be accepted to join the broken of britain forum and have given up now.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 14 Nov 2011 05:33PM
Hurtyback,

If you like tv and films Digital Spy has some decent forums http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/

hossy,

I was wondering about emailing someone over on BoB and asking them about adding a link to the this forum. Who would be the best person to send the email too.

One of the reasons I let go of the idea of a blog is there are a lot of good blogs out there and few messageboards. I am hoping that bloggers will see where www.ouchtoo.org fits in and how the messageboard is not competition but complimentary.
:-)