Transfer Day to Ouch Too.org by Sunshine Meadows

• 6 Replies

Sunshine

Wayyyhaaay once I get this thread copied over that means that the Aimoo Talk Board transfer is complete.  >thumbsup<
(Date Posted:12/11/2011 11:19 PM)
   Share to:

I had a long day and did not get everything done I wanted to do, but the new board has a lot more on it that it did three days ago.

It is good to see so many people joining and giving a - thank you :-)

This is how I would like to proceed tomorrow.

1) To anyone who started a thread in the last week or two if you wish to repost the title and first post in the new forum I will happily make a pdf of the replies to the thread and add it to your thread on www.ouchtoo.org.

2) We will be aiming to get a copy of each recent thread with title and pdf from Aimoo over to the new forum by Tuesday 14th November. Pdfs will be added to older threads at the request of members or as and when we can over the coming weeks. To request a pdf be added to a thread please just add a reply to the thread asking for the pdf.

3) I have created an announcement and this will be added to the top of every page on this Aimoo forum tomorrow evening.

4) We need to work together to help each other settle in at the new forum- posting new threads, adding new replies and getting used to the changes and benefits of the new software. Time, patience and FUN.

5) A week from tomorrow I hope to be able to change the announcement to ' We have moved,'

:-) night night
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2011 04:54PM by Ouch Too Archive »

Sunshine

JLRRAC wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 8:18 AM)

SunshineMeadows, I hope I'm able to follow things, me being a bit slow (read dumb:o) when it comes to things like this. Whilst I have managed to sign in on the new board it takes me quite a while before I get used to things. This is one of my problems of sorts, when I read something say either a book or a newspaper item that continues over onto the next page, I have to keep on flipping the pages back to mind myself what the previous page said. It's the same thing when I try to add a list of numbers, I easily lose tract of which numbers I've already counted and have to start again. So please if I make some mistakes on the new board please understand I will become more used to how things work, it'll just take me a wee while. Cheers JLR.

I wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 10:33 AM)

JLRRAC,

It is a relief to know I am not the only one who does that. It does affect my confidence in the way I also feel slow/dumb in the way my ability to remember can affect my ability to think. Don't worry if you make mistakes, one thing that might help is if you make enlarge the view you see of the board then it won't look so much to take in all at once. ~hugs~

Kizzy Kazaer wrote

(Date Posted:13/11/2011 9:03 PM)

No worries, everybody, we'll all muddle through it together like we did here to start with - only it will be easier because we have already laid the foundations here smiley111

Thanks for bearing with us during the transfer process;  it will all be worth it in the long run

Yvettea wrote

(Date Posted:14/11/2011 3:29 PM)

Well done, Sunshine Meadows.

And thank you very much indeed for all your hard work.

« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2011 04:55PM by Ouch Too Archive »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Kizzy   >thumbsup<

Yvettea,

:-) now that most of the heavy work I am looking forward to everyone getting into the swing of thing.

DarthVector

• Charter Member
Well done!

If it had been me, we'd have been looking at another 2-3 weeks to get the job done, so I'm impressed.

>thankyou<

sherbs

• Charter Member

Well Done to you all for your marvelous work   :-)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
 >magicfairy<Hello Sunshine medow's

I most humbly appolagise if I have come over as aressive but I have serious nerve problems + in 1978 I was used as a human gunni pig for the first stero taxi in the Western World

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
 >thankyou<