Sue Marsh to appear on Newsnight tonight

• 25 Replies

TemporallyLoopy

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Someone else will prob have posted, but have just received email from B&W to say that Sue Marsh will be on Newsnight tonight - BBC2 at 11.00pm.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

(Betty Talmadge, b. 1924)

TemporallyLoopy

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

Apologies - It is actually 10.30pm on BBC2.  Unfortunately, after all the internet browsing of the last few days I am finding it pretty difficult to read things long distance so the TV guide seen from across the room was a little jumbled.

HUMBLE apologies.
Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans.

(Betty Talmadge, b. 1924)

DarthVector

• Charter Member
No problem, and thank you for the heads up!

Jockice

• Charter Member
Facing Grayling too. I hope she eats him alive.

Sofie

thank you :)

hossylass

Yeah, I just got that included in time. Steve has been great.

I haven't had time to look at the B&W newsletter yet !

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
...and they hardly let her get a word in and dis-regarded those she did  >doh< >steam<

*calm breaths noisy, calm breaths*

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
I caught the latter part of the interview and was disgusted at the way the BBC presenter was pushing the point about welfare reforms being hard to implement and goading Grayling that he wont get the reforms passed. It felt like a Oh no you can't OH YES I CAN YES I CAN panto scene.

lankou

• Charter Member
I have made an official complaint to Newsnight for conflating the Fraud and Error figures YET AGAIN.

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
Nice one Iankou  >cheers<, I don't know enough about the figures etc. to add to that.
On the other hand I did say some very rude words at the telly, doesn't really help though!  >doh<

The Lords rebelling on benefit reform has had a passing mention on This Week, entirely accidental that I saw it (00:04 so half an hour in if you want to watch the snippet on iplayer)

DarthVector

• Charter Member
I had rude words for the TV as well - which my Mum heard from the other end of the house - but that was because some fool of a producer cut to Newsnight Scotland halfway through the Welfare Reform segment. Doh, and other comments. I'll have to wait for it to turn up on iPlayer now...

hossylass

Sue said to stay calm and not scream at Newsnight.

It was unfair, but it was always going to be. Grayling cam across as overbearing. Sue got some good soundbites in.

Off the top of your heads, can anyone tell me some significant statements - what stuck in your heads?

We would appreciate the feedback. Ta very much !

pennycillin

I think its going to become sues mantra. its been in theguardian and now on newsnight

how terminallyill do you have to be to get benefits?

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
Yes I feel Sue was treated pretty shoddily but one important thing to remember is she got there a big spot and pople who wouldnt normally get to see her did get to hear what she had to say.

We have to work with the mainstream media if we are going to get our messages across .. another time with another host and we get it across again.. A dripfeed may not be dramatic but sometimes it gets through to people we wouldnever believe it might.

Sadly a lot of what WE know is all new for the general public who dont frequent many of the blogs etc we read.. to reach them we have to get into the media a lot and  get lots of little nuggets to them which  may well get through to them and get them on our side.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2012 07:43AM by myrtlemaid »
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches