Moving onto ESA from Incapacity Benefits

• 124 Replies

Sofie

If you're due to reach retirement age between now and 2014, (I think) I seem to remember that you stay on IB / IS until you can claim pension credit.

mohhhh

• Gold Member
 KizzyKazaer thanks for the information, No I did not provide additional medical evidence with my ESA50 form  >doh<
My GP will provide me a letter about my health issues which I will take to the medical and present to the asessor.
Regards to my travel my son is driving me up to the medical and also will be present at the medical...

I should of provided medical evidence!!! >doh< and they would not have called me up!!!!

Im just going to wait and see wot happens now at the medical >steam< >steam<.
In the past I have appealed and won the case this was a few years back though.
But if their is anything else please help.

Thanks guys >thumbsup< >tah<

hossylass

You can send the evidence in now, or as soon as you have it.

This means that they will at least have the opportunity to consider it before the medical.

Make sure that you cleaqrly mark it with your name, psotcode, date of birth and NI number and state that it is medical evidence to support your claim, and should be included and read alongside your ESA50.

If they get it they may have a look again at your claim.
They will have it though before the medical, which means that they have opportunity to read it.

If you take it on the day the examining medical person may not read your evidence.

Always send a copy - NOT  the original.
Never give them the original.
Send all evidence recorded delivery so there is a signature of who received it.
Phone them on delivery day and ask that someone finds it and attaches it to your ESA50, and that the EMP reads it.

mohhhh

• Gold Member
Hi,

Thanks for the information I will get my GP to provide medical evidence asap as I have an appointment on tuesday with my GP.
My medical is on the 31st of may @ 9.00am hopefully I will try and get the medical evidence well before that date, My son can go directly to the atos office to hand in my medical evidence as their offices are across the road from where my son works do you think this better then sending it recorded delivery??????

And what does EMP stand for?

any other help would be great??? >tah< >tah< >thumbsup<

hossylass

EMP is examining medical professional, i.e the person who will conduct you assessment.

Tell your son to get a receipt, or get them to sign (and print their name) that they have received it.
Amazingly they will deny getting it otherwise.

mohhhh

• Gold Member
Udate.....
I have been to my GP today and he has provided me with a letter with my all medical conditions. 
So I rang ATOS >thumbsdown< the lady said they is no need for you to hand in your medical evidence just bring it on the day!!! she spoke to me in a rude >angry< >angry<. She said you should of sent it with your ESA50 form!! No point giving it in now..... >angry<

My GP has given me two copies so I still will be sending my medical evidence before my appointment date which is on the 31st of may, and still taking a copy with me.

any hints will help thankssss >tah<

hossylass

Ignorant bastards.

That woman is completely wrong. The assessors themselves complain that they dont get the information in time to read it.
Then Atos and the DWP claim that when you get to tribunals people present new evidence.

Phone and ask for a supervisor, and ask that the information is given to the assessor before hand, otherwise you will contact your MP and use the information at any tribunal.

hossylass

I've just spent half an hour trying to get through to Atos, and failed.

I shall send it to some MP's who I trust and see if I can get an answer.

If you pm me your MP's name I can see if they are on my list, or if I know anyone who will help.

Shabby behaviour by Atos >devil<

mohhhh

• Gold Member
Just sent my medical evidence via recoreded delivery to atos hopefully they should get it by tomorow i will check the royal mail tracking number to see when it was deliverd tomorow.

what does MP standard for im not good with the short terms... >thumbsdown<

Thanks for the help >cool< >tah<

Sofie

Member of Parliament

devine63

Hi Mohhh

don't take any of the original letters with you - get a photocopy and take that, so you can't lose the original!
regards, Deb

hossylass

Mohhh, if you need help with what to expect from the assessment we have a thread about it.
Just say and we can direct you to it.

I can also pm you some examples of questions they may ask you, and why they are asking them if you need that sort of help.

mohhhh

• Gold Member
yes hossylass please direct me to the thread. and also pm the question that they may ask. >thumbsup< >thumbsup< >tah< >tah< >rose< You guys are a great help >thumbsup<

hossylass

Ok, the thread is;

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=2150.0

I'll pm you the stuff I have sent before, and you can see if it helps.
The best thing to do is read the link I put in the post to Steve.
It is fairly easy to read, but it lays out the type of questions they ask, and more importantly why they are asking you.

It may seem odd that they ask about Coronation Street, but they think that if you can watch Coronation Street then you can sit still for half an hour, concentrate, follow the story line and remember it the next day.
So they conclude;
Has no problem sitting
Has no problem concentrating
Has no problem remembering.

So if you do watch tv, and sitting is uncomfortable for you, or you have problems concentrating due to pain or discomfort or mental health problems, then you hav eto tell them that you record stuff, use the sky pause button, move around a bit, alternate between sitting and lying down etc, or whatever is true for your condition.

Saying that you very rarely go to the corner shop leads to the conclusion that you can shop without any problem, unless you state where the shop is, how far away, how long it takes you, and how often you can make that journey, again for what is true for you.

Avoid at all costs saying "Yes, I can do that" unless you could do it all day every day in a safe and timely manner, reliably and repeatedly.
If you cannot do something safely, reliably and repeatedly then you cannot do it at all. That is the one rule that they should stck to, but you have to probably use the words in your own replies - otherwise they ignore it.

I'll pm you some other stuff :)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
One tip is never to say 'Yes, but...' as this will lead to the 'Yes' box being ticked. So, rather than saying 'Yes, I can do that sometimes but only with a great deal of pain' one should answer 'No, I cannot do that without pain' and so on.