Welfare Rights on Ouch Too

• 7 Replies

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Welfare Rights on Ouch Too

• on: 06 Feb 2012 11:11AM
Since our move in November from the Aimoo site to this dedicated website we have had a greater opportunity to expand the goals for Ouch Too. The Spartacus Report was a catalyst for the creation of the Campaigning section of Ouch Too and the progress of the Welfare Reform Bill through parliament has made it clear to me that we do need a Welfare Rights section here on Ouch Too.

People can still post and comment on welfare rights on other Ouch Too boards like Talk, Disability Q and A, and the Cafe, and I recognise some people will be more comfortable doing that. Having the Welfare Rights will mean visitors, new members and current members who need benefits advice will have a more direct route to the information and help they need.

In the process of deciding to set this up I discussed how we could proceed with Steve over at the Benefits and Work website.
http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/. Ouch Too now has a professional membership at Benefits and Work, and this gives us access to guides and information over there. In doing this I have assured Steve that I am aware of the fact I must not wholesale upload the Benefits and Work guides onto Ouch Too. Also if we are using information from one of the guides to help someone 'best practice' would be to give a link to the Benefits and Work website.

In having a Welfare Rights section on Ouch Too we must not take credit or imply ownership of the hard work Benefits and Work have put into producing their guides and gaining access to information not generally available on the internet.

We will be able to post information available on the internet eg the DWP website. I am not well read in welfare rights so Kizzy, who has experience in welfare rights is going to take a lead role. This means Kizzy has been given access to the professional account on Benefits and Work.

It is important that members and visitors to Ouch Too bear with us as we go through the process of setting up the Welfare Section on Ouch Too. If members have any questions related to board management please post them on Management Feedback or send a PM.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2012 01:35PM by SunshineMeadows »

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Welfare Rights on Ouch Too

• on: 14 Feb 2012 08:00PM
Kizzy,

Thank you for getting more work done on the welfare rights thread.  >thumbsup<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Feb 2012 10:07AM
The Welfare Rights category of Ouch Too is now open.

>cool<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Feb 2012 10:21AM
Hurrah! Thank you, Sunshine   >applause<

Sofie

• on: 15 Feb 2012 03:26PM
First of all, thank you Sunshine.

Secondly, guests can't see this board. (not a problem; just an observation)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Feb 2012 04:42PM
Sofie,

I logged out of my account and checked I could read the Welfare Rights section and I could (as a guest), I wonder if there was a brief glitch or did you mean guests can't post to ask questions?

Sofie

• on: 15 Feb 2012 04:48PM
Not sure what happened there. I couldn't see it just before I made my post. I logged out and could see it.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 15 Feb 2012 08:22PM
~Announcement~

Monic who works in welfare rights has agreed to help Kizzy with this part of Ouch Too and she has therefore been given access to to the professional account on Benefits and Work.  >thumbsup<

Both Kizzy and Monic will be helping where they can, when they can, so if there is some delay in a post receiving a reply please be patient. It is important that members do not send PMs to either Kizzy or Monic asking directly for help, because they can not be expected to provide a private service in addition to what they post on the message board. If a member wants to talk about something which is too personal to post here they can say so on the board and it will be up to Kizzy or Monic to decide what they would like to do eg PM the member or suggest another avenue which could help them.

I am very happy that we are moving into this area of helping people and each other. Any member who wishes to offer layman's advice, post about their experience of things or make suggestions to other member's can feel free to do so. That said I am glad and relieved to have Kizzy and Monic taking the advice reins on the Welfare Rights section of Ouch Too.
 >thankyou<
Sunshine  >biggrin<