Heating your home.

• 20 Replies

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Heating your home.

• on: 24 Feb 2012 03:10PM
I vaguely remember something about a rebate, Sofie - unfortunately, I don't know where I saw it either. >lol<

Sofie

• on: 24 Feb 2012 03:36PM
moneysupermarket.com/c/news/warm-house-discount-scheme-do-you-qualify/0012397/ This is what I'm thinking about.

(Link disabled as no longer works- Sunshine)
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2013 12:03AM by SunshineMeadows »

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della

• on: 24 Feb 2012 06:34PM
Thanks for all your replies. They're very helpful.

In my landlords words, I've been an 'exceptional' tenant but I'm hoping to move very shortly. I think you're right seegee.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Monic1511

• on: 24 Feb 2012 08:46PM
Hi Roccoco
Im on a direct debit & my gas is high 77 a month & electric 40 a month but at the end of the year the companies contact you and say if your in credit or in debit.   In the past I have been in credit & got a nice surprise a lump sum of the credit just transferred back to me.    I try to make a habit of sending them a meter reading every month or so through their websites to keep them up to date with my usage. 
just worked out my gas is 17.77/week and Electric 9.24 so thats pretty reasonable for a 3 bedroom house!

the 120 grant you say I think is either a lump sum off your next bill or money towards the bill to insulate a property.

Good luck in getting a move
Monic

sherbs

• Charter Member

• on: 24 Feb 2012 09:21PM
I too pay by direct debit, as i need to budget monthly, so this is the best option for me, My gas is 55 per month and electric 48 for a 2 bedroomed property, and that is with just me alone in it.  I think i may ring to review as my Son moved out last year and i am still paying the same.  I will try to get each payment down by 10 per month or even a fiver would help

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della

• on: 24 Feb 2012 09:27PM
I have a two bedroom too, but I have two living rooms as well..that my well increase it. I live alone too! :-)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.