DLA rejection - what does reasonable mean?

• 18 Replies

sherbs

• Charter Member
A fantastic post Monic

I work, albeit can only manage 3 days,1 day at work, 1 day to recover,  and I get high rate mobility.  If someone would like to take my Spinal Cord Tumour away and therefore have my High Rate Mobility, I would gladly swap.

People see me working, but they do not see my at the beginning  of my day when it has taken me 2 hrs just to get ready for work, or taken bye 15 minutes just to get comfortable in my car to drive to work, nor do they see me at the  end of a long day, when i drag myself to bed without even a shower or a decent meal as i am in so much pain that i cannot even be bothered to shower, or see me the following day when i do not work, when all i can do is lie on my sofa, so please if you would like my DLA you can have my tumour to go with it......

devine63

Quite apart from anything else - whether or not someone else gets an award makes no difference at all to whether you get it...   the allowances are paid to everyone who meets the criteria,  it is not that there is only £XXXX and if person A gets the allowance then person B cannot have it....

regards, Deb

Fiz

• Charter Member
Yes totally agree. They also take into consideration any falls you have had or are likely to have when awarding mobility DLA. I know someone who has a horse and keeps it at DIY stables, so brings it in from the fields, mucks it out herself etc and rides but gets highest rate mobility. She does experience falls and needs to be holding something so she doesn't fall. Some people might think she shouldn't get highest rate mobility as she keeps a horse which she looks after herself but she would swap her CP with anyone that thought that.

hossylass

Lee Pearson has a multitude of horses and gets DLA high rate - I'd like to see the arguement for him not having a horse... especially if he wins at the Para's this year, as that will elevate him to the Lords. ;)