Osborne Wants 10 billion more off the Welfare Budget by 2016

• 24 Replies

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
If Osborne wants to find £10mill from somewhere, perhaps he and his rich chums could have a whip-round??

I'd prefer to have Osborne and his rich chums roundly whipped ...

Otter

the theshold for national insurance now at 9% is about £5616 so any monies recieved in addition to this meagre pension is fully taxable

the income tax threshold may be increasing, but with the NI one so low, no one is likely to see any diffence. The £220 saved from one, is likely to be eaten by the other, actually under this system - £9,200 - £5616 X 9% not only eats the £220 we are meant to be saving, but also takes an additional £102.56 out of our pockets

this isn't a cut its a hike likely to bring in 4bil for the government

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
In the words of Oliver Cromwell

I say you are no Parliament! "Some of you are drunkards."  "Some of you are lewd livers; living in open contempt of God's commandments".

"Following your own greedy appetites and the devil's commandments; corrupt, unjust persons, scandalous to the profession of the gospel: how can you be a Parliament for God's people? Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God—go!"

Fortunately for him he had an army to back him up, unfortunately for us we do not.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Fizzbw

John that is epic!

Fizzbw xxx

oldtone27

• Charter Member
"I say you are no Parliament! "Some of you are drunkards."  "Some of you are lewd livers; living in open contempt of God's commandments".

"Following your own greedy appetites and the devil's commandments; corrupt, unjust persons, scandalous to the profession of the gospel: how can you be a Parliament for God's people?"

Nothing's changed then!

wheelydad

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Come back Guy Fawkes, 'all is forgiven'.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Hello Hossylass

Osborne + his chum's could'nt pay tax'es because it is written in the Conservitve menoradam that offical's/mp's/lord's +ladie's have nothing in comman with the working class as that would lower the tone of their ever so posh party

Another thing paying fucking tax'es is parer-mount to paying a prostitute/rent boy + beneth their Arrogent/goose stepping ideall's

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Bule, I agree that Tories are adverse to paying their taxes, a trait shared with MPs of all parties I fear.

But, I must disagree with your second point. History shows that MPs, again of all parties, quite enthusiastically pay for prostitutes and rent boys. They may regard them as beneath them, in more than one regard, but they still engage their services.

AspieUK

• Bronze Member
  • UK aspergers guy
    • Aspie UK blog
Osbourne can kick people off benefits all day long, and probably will, but it only shifts the problem elsewhere - these people don't just suddenly get jobs and start paying taxes.

The Tories are just proving that they see us as numbers, not people, we all have a COST but not a VALUE.  I'm all for helping people back to work, but thats not whats being proposed - its cuts to benefits, nothing more.  They SHOULD be coming up with meaningful schemes to help people into work, as a way to SAVE money, not standing over us with a big axe to cut arbitarily.

Do they go after tax dodgers with the same vengeance?  No, probably because they need their votes even more than before!  Hence the tax cuts for the rich!

I'm cynical I know, but then I grew up under Maggies reign (of terror) - deja vu?

seegee

• Super Hero Member
There are a lot of politicians who believe that value = money.  They appear genuinely unable to see that anything not bought or sold can have worth. 
Unfortunately there seem to be more than a few journalists who believe them, hence the reporting of how much money it costs to keep someone housed, fed, etc. rather than reports of what worth they have to other people.
I don't think it's tax dodgers' votes they want, it's the money! >yikes< Some of the tax-avoiders are funding political parties & others are politicians, their friends & family.  ;-)