Author Topic: Life's little pleasures  (Read 7550 times)

oldtone27

• Charter Member
Life's little pleasures
« on: 25 Mar 2012 01:49PM »
Today is glorious here in Dorset The goldfinch has returned to the bird feeder (haven't seen him for a couple of weeks) and a robin is attacking the fat ball. Oh! an enormous bumble bee is now trying to get out through the patio door but can't find the opening.

Yesterday I had a lovely aroma of newly mown grass wafting from next door, and no effort by me - heaven.  >love<

PS. All's well that ends well, the bee has found its way out.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Life's little pleasures
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2012 03:13PM »
There's a thrush nesting on a traffic light on a busy road in a nearby town; it was pointed out to me by a bus driver, who has probably been watching it for a while as he drives past each day.  >biggrin<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2012 03:16PM »
We took the bikes down to the prom and weaved (wove?) our way around pedestrians, dogs and kids on bikes/scooters. It is glorious down there in the sunshine  >cool<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2012 03:20PM »
Hurty, is the giant deck chair still on the beach? Must try to get down there next week.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2012 03:27PM »
Yes, oldtone, although I don't know how long it will be there. It does what it says on the tin!

Prabhakari

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2012 04:30PM »
Ah, the joys of the ant invasion.

Summer is here.   >rainbow<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

booboo

• Diamond member
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2012 08:28PM »
opening the curtains to a nice sunny day

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2012 08:34PM »
....opening the windows on a nice sunny day!

I'm re-discovering the simple joys of 'spring cleaning' - having a massive de-clutter at the moment, but taking one area at a time and not allowing myself to get overwhelmed.  Today it was a magazine rack that had far more than just magazines lurking in its depths  >whistle<  But oh, the relief of filling a rubbish bag and being able to actually find what I want - and discover stuff I can use, but didn't know I still had!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2012 10:17AM »
Pottering in the garden in the sunshine was lovely yesterday. Birds twittering and singing and the willow tree is getting its leaves.
Sunny again today :-)

Fizzbw

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2012 11:00AM »
I love this weather and it really helps my pain levels! I managed to start to teach my dogs about our new agility seesaw yesterday and I even put it together, was very pleased that my handiwork skills are still there!! It was easy, a few bolts and a few screws, but still...  >biggrin<

Fizzbw xxx

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2012 12:07PM »
It's lovely a quiet here today :-)

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2012 01:29PM »
I was on my patio this morning clearing up and glimpsed something move out of the corner of my eye. I stood still and watched a little wood mouse scuttle across a low wall up a little ornamental tree and, looking about slowly, make its way along a branch and climb down the peanut feeder and start snacking.

Bold as brass as I was only standing two foot away from it. I waited while it finished nibbling and disappeared under the fence.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: 26 Mar 2012 07:02PM »
There's a blackbird singing away this evening in the garden.  Has anyone noticed how noisy the birds are getting in the mornings?  It's such a lovely sound.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 27 Mar 2012 02:10AM »
It's a clear and bright luminous night out there. In spite of some fairly thick light pollution, Venus, Jupiter and Mars are all visible, along with a waxing moon.

What exactly is the moon waxing up there anyway? A floor?  A jacket? The bonnet of a Ford Cortina?

Answers on a postcard to Sir Patrick Moore or Buzz Aldrin. 

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 27 Mar 2012 10:01AM »
Perhaps it's waxing hairy legs ready for reappearance as a young moon next week...  >lol<
Yes, the view of the moon & stars was spectacular last night here too.  >thumbsup< >biggrin<