DLA Medical - How long for a decision?

• 3 Replies

helenpage

• Gold Member

DLA Medical - How long for a decision?

• on: 07 May 2012 09:49AM
Had my medical last Friday for a reconsideration and was wondering how long it will take them to reach a decision. Presume it's probably "how long's a piece of string" scenario but any ideas would be welcome as i'm thoroughly fed up of this hassle.

Monic1511

Hi Helen
your right it is a how longs a bit of string senario, 4 - 6 weeks at the outside would be my guess, here's hoping its good news anyways
Monic

helenpage

• Gold Member
I'm really depressed at the moment. Money is very tight and i'm not able to work but I don't qualify for ESA (lack of contributions and husband who works). I want to work desperately but the pain i'm in is too much to manage and i'm getting no help whatsoever from the hospital because I can't afford to get to the hospital and park let alone manage the physical exertion of their wonderful back pain class. This of course on top of struggling to find a job I can do anyway - who wants a qualified highly experienced careworker who can't care for herself at the end of the day. Trying to psych myself up to fill out yet another form for a blue badge which my GP and others reckon i'll be turned down for anyway.

Feel like i'm in limbo and I really need this decision so I can move on.

Sofie

Can you get your tax credits reviewed? You may get more if you have no income.