The Famous Ouchtoo.

• 25 Replies

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

Re: The Famous Ouchtoo.

• on: 17 May 2012 11:31PM
"Is that the sort of lobby you hang your coats up in?"

Jockice, no, it's the sort where they cut out half of your brain if you start getting argumentative and slamming doors.

Jockice

• Charter Member

• on: 17 May 2012 11:50PM
Ah, that sort...

Prabhakari

• on: 18 May 2012 03:41AM
I believe that true power arises when one gives up power and seeks to gain compassion and wisdom so that one can be of use to others.

The Quakers have a song. 'Tis the Gift to be Simple'. So I am not the only one to have thought this.

Can you imagine a Prime Minister who meditates at the start of each working day;
Who strives to overcome all our suffering by using the power that he/she has gained for a short period to do good to others, and who lives simply and without greed?

Be peace, Prabhakari.   >wheelchair<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

DarthVector

• Charter Member

• on: 19 May 2012 01:55AM
You can get some money from the DWP Darth. Apparently the papers say that all you have to do is fill out a form...

Ah, of course. I was forgetting my Disabled Lobbyist Allowance.

Fizzbw

• on: 19 May 2012 11:16AM
Prab, I love Simple Gifts! I love the Church version as well, Lord of the Dance.

good for Ouchtoo!!!

Fizzbw xxx

Prabhakari

• on: 19 May 2012 02:52PM
Spiritual wisdom cannot be claimed by one group. We find it in many different ways.
Do not do something. Stand there, and listen to the voice of the silence.
Attributed to the Buddha.

I see that you are facing an ongoing ordeal. I wish you the strength to overcome fear and sickness.
Just as a hermit might go alone into the wilderness, so we too face unknown perils and storms.

May we all have the serenity and fortitude of a mighty mountain, and be unshaken in the howling storms of life.

May we live in peace. Prabhakari.   >wheelchair<

hossylass

• on: 19 May 2012 08:41PM
"I was forgetting my Disabled Lobbyist Allowance. "

>lol< >lol< >lol<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 23 May 2012 01:58PM
I've just spread the word further - out on my daily constitutional, the MIND charity had set up a marquee in the park and there was a representative of 'Rethink' there (another large mental health organisation).  We got talking about MH stuff in general and inevitably onto worries about benefits, and I dropped it into the conversation that this was also being discussed extensively on an Internet message board for disabled people that I was part of...

He was interested, asking several questions about it, and I wrote down the website address for both him and a lady from Knightstone Housing Association who was also keen to know more.  It's going to be published in the Rethink newsletter - watch this space...

gammagirl

• on: 28 May 2012 12:11AM
I mentioned this site to my GP - as I changed dr's she wasn't around for the losing-my-DLA-going-to-tribubal debacle and hence I was updating her at some point and she asked lots of questions as she said she had another patient going through just that at the moment and what did I think was useful? I mentioned a very good website full of disabled people with advice and campaigning where you can find out all sorts of things and have a good whinge.

She noted it down and was going to pass it on to all relevant patients, should the need come up.

I like my GP. She thinks the government are idiots and that people should be given, you know, liveable amounts of money, proper support in theirs homes, adequate care, sensible levels of pain relief, help to actually have a life and get out of the house, decent medical care.. the sorts of things you expect people get til you get sick and find out about the reality of the system.*sigh*

hossylass

• on: 28 May 2012 12:26AM
I have applied to the Campaign for a Fairer Society as a group member.

Sunshine and Kizzy and I discussed this, and think it represents what most people on Ouchtoo want.

It will mean that we will get invites to discussions and such, which will be available to members to attend as representatives of Ouchtoo and disabled people.
The launch was apparently a very nice "do" at Westminster, and there were some excellent speakers and activities, and tea and cake >lol<

Prabhakari

• on: 28 May 2012 06:08AM
Would it help if there were coconut shy's, with the faces of politicians painted on the coconuts?

There could be a hit register for each one, with the hit results for each week posted online.