Author Topic: HAHAHA Cameron and IDS are in the shit.  (Read 5032 times)

hossylass

HAHAHA Cameron and IDS are in the shit.
« on: 17 May 2012 04:44PM »
I told you to stand by your beds...

IDS is such a gob-shite. When he mentioned amputees I knew that he had stood on his own landmine.
Cameron is now saying that amputees from war injuries will be exempted something - not sure whether it is exemption from further medicals or what, but the Sun claims he said they are to get benefits for life...

So if you are an amputee by any reason then... well you can work it out yourselves.

Our brave men and women will be the thin end of the wedge, after all its not the disability, its how it affects you.

My god, these people are stupid beyond belief.

Sofie

Re: HAHAHA Cameron and IDS are in the shit.
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2012 04:49PM »
Oh FFS. Why does how you became disabled matter? Oh sorry, they're heroes and the rest of us, well...

dustyflower

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2012 05:29PM »
and the tide is slowing turning...

Prabhakari

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2012 06:40PM »
Morcambe Bay has quicksands when the tide turns?
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

TimRegency

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012 10:31AM »
Talking of The Sun, they are now carrying an advert 'The Sun 02 in association with DWP.' I'm sure there are all sorts of rules being broken there.

ChrisPage

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2012 01:07PM »
It's no great distance to crawl from the primordial soup they originated from, to the shit they now find themselves in.

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2012 01:27PM »
I believe those wounded in conflicts they are sent to should have the best most uptodate medical and socialservices available.

But then I believe anyone with the same or similar degree of impairments which lead to disability should get that too.

We arent talking unwillimh conscripts here we are talking adults who chose to join the armed services and should have been aware or been made aware that thye werent just joinyng in a huge adventure but may well be sent to the worlds troubled  hot spots and risk injury.

In the same way as someone who looses a limb in a factory of coursethey should get " industrial injuries pay outs and DLA where applicable but why for life..will this still apply if they improve?? If for example someone looses a leg, gets a prosthetic and goes from not being able to walk to enjoying hilking ?

I have a lot of time for our servicemen .They do a job Id never choose to do...and never could,,, but they do choose to do it . I dont see therefore why they are more entitled to benefits for life than any other person whose degree of impairment is similar.

Not sure the pm et al are too deeply mired in the poo tho.. I suspect many will applaud them because seeing young men and women coming back homw minus limbs erc is always going too be emotive and that may mean an emotional response says "YES give em it!".. and praise Cameron  for doing this... not fair...not putting us " all in this together", but no big suprise

If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2012 02:01PM »
We arent talking unwillimh conscripts here we are talking adults who chose to join the armed services

I just wanted to say some soldiers come from deprived run down areas and so their choices are limited, but Myrtel is right people still have a choice.

Like I said on the other thread http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=3044.0 I think this was preplanned spin and as Tim mentioned on that thread it is about defining people in terms of deserving and undeserving.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2012 02:05PM »
Hossy,

I am not going to edit the thread title and I know you have heard me swearing like a sailor but I think as much as possible we all need to avoid swearing in thread titles and on threads in general.

Kizzy is still on holiday but I am just going to give her  >flyswatter< a waft around :-)

JLRRAC

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2012 02:15PM »
Sorry folks but this allowing disabled servicemen to have disability benefits for life is but a cynical ploy to avoid having to justify recent remarks about those who have lost limbs, in particular their legs being no more disabled than someone who has not lost their legs due to the benefits of prosectic limbs.

ChrisPage

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2012 03:56PM »
Hossy,

I am not going to edit the thread title and I know you have heard me swearing like a sailor but I think as much as possible we all need to avoid swearing in thread titles and on threads in general.

Kizzy is still on holiday but I am just going to give her  >flyswatter< a waft around :-)

I think swearing is entirely justified in this case.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2012 09:58PM »
Sorry, folks, but you've got it all wrong.  As a veteran I'm far more entitled to money than you are.  I'm a hero, don't you know?  What's that?  You were injured in a factory?  So what?  You volunteered for it.  I did too?  Yes, but that's different.  I'm a veteran and I've got a medal I can pin on my chest on Remembrance Sunday and so I'm a proper hero.  What's that?  I can get a war pension and there are loads of military charities that can help me whereas there's sod all for you?  I don't care, I'm a veteran and that makes lots of newspaper readers like me. 

Er, second thoughts, they don't.  I'm fat and middle aged.  I'm supposed to be either young and fit and energetically running up mountains with my super-duper military prosthetic leg, or 70+ marching 5 paces to the minute up the high street in a navy blue blazer and grey trousers/skirt. 

Now where was that medal.  And maybe a big home-made badge saying "I'm a veteran, be nice to me.  PS I didn't kill any children."
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2012 10:12PM »
Sunny,

Excellent post, especially the last line because in amongst all the hero talk in the media the fact some soldiers kill people and also why government send them to war has been lost.

Sofie

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2012 10:17PM »
They claim that soldiers are heroes - what about the other groups of people who do jobs which involve putting their lives at risk daily? Police, fire fighter, etc.

hossylass

« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2012 10:54PM »
Fire fighters are heroes too !

Except when they  go on strike :(

I think, though not sure, but farming is one of the occupations that gets the most disabilities. Hence tractor adaptions used to be on A2W.