IS Review

• 27 Replies

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

Re: IS Review

• on: 19 May 2012 11:56PM
I should have done that but now I've written all over the form.  I'm going to phone JC+ and ask if I can have another form.  This is making my head explode.  I've photocopied all sorts of stuff for them. 

It's the emotional overload.  I can write really good application forms when it's not like this.

It's like you can tell when I'm stressed on here because I write longer and longer posts.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 20 May 2012 12:11AM
Sunny Clouds,

I see what you mean and had not thought of the point you and Seegee brought up about long term savings for expensive items. However I do think long terms saving of over 6000 is uncommon because Income Support is supposed to be the minimum amount a person can live on and also I think there is an assumption that people would be unable to restrict their DLA spending enough to save over 6000 without spending it on something they need.

In regards to what has been said about the Income Support Review form, firstly I would ask for a new form and start again if the other one is too 'messy' Secondly think about what the person reading the form actually needs to know and give them that information. I can see how income becomes capital if it is your bank for a while but if it is there to pay a bill eg gas or electric or something like a car deposit then I dont think it has to count as savings because it is going to be spent soon. If you are being reimbursed for shopping you bought for someone else for the purposes of the form it is money owed to you and not income. Do you see where I am coming from, you dont need to answer questions with a detailed mathematical explanation unless they ask you to eg if you get investigated.

If a lot of this has to do with helping your dad my suggestion is get another account either in your name or his, arrange a direct debit of x to go in there every month and use the debit card for that account to pay for you dad's stuff. If the account is in your name you can let the DWP know it exists as a way of keeping your money and your father's money separate.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 20 May 2012 12:13AM
I should have done that but now I've written all over the form.

Our posts crossed.

I have not seen the form but if there isi not much space to write in maybe it is because they dont expect you to write much.

>hugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 20 May 2012 02:46PM
I'll get a new form tomorrow and try to write less.  I just got in a state and wrote lots and lots of stuff all over it, and I wrote between what I'd written so it was all out of sequence.

I suppose someone somewhere thinks I'm cheating and has reported it.  They may well genuinely believe I'm a cheat because you can't see any of the problems I've got. 

I wish I'd never claimed IS because while it's good to have the money, there's all this baggage that comes with it.  I live in dread of interviews and visits.

I don't understand it, though, because I've had previous phone calls from the IS asking all sorts of financial information and I've previously had a visit looking at all my bank statements etc., but the woman on the phone this time said it was over a decade since they'd reviewed me.  All very peculiar.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Mabelcat

• Charter Member

• on: 20 May 2012 03:27PM
Hi Sunny,

It could well be a random review.  I had this happen to me three years in a row by the luck or bad luck of the draw.  Easier said than done, I know, but try not to worry about it and just get a new form and fill it in and send it off before you have time to worry and change everything.

Kate

>bighugs< >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 21 May 2012 06:58PM
I've asked them to send me another form and I've typed out something to send them instead of filling in the blank page at the end.

I'm only so much on edge because they keep messing up my benefits. 

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 May 2012 07:42PM
Sunny Clouds  >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 21 May 2012 07:53PM
Apologies for not getting to this sooner - if you have received an A2 form, this is indeed a random review and not due to anything you personally have done or not done!!  So please don't think any more about 'someone reporting you'.  As said earlier, just make sure any additional paperwork you are returning is marked with your name and NI number so it doesn't get lost in the central post-opening system.  Good luck  >fingerscrossed<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 21 May 2012 08:38PM
Thanks, Kizzy.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 30 May 2012 11:36PM
I finally assembled my full bundle of info for the DWP then found another form and filled that in, which I hadn't noticed they'd sent me to begin with but it said to put it in a separate envelope not with the other form but they didn't say where to get an envelope for any of it, so I've addressed the whole lot to where the letters came from and I'll take it into a jobcentre.

It's all very confusing. 

They don't give you very long, do they, especially as they want things like bank statements and it's a very long form.  I bet they don't give you much time so that you won't get it in then they can chuck you off benefits and then they hope you'll get so ill you can't cope with reapplying.

I expect they'll stop my benefits and it'll take months to get them all back.

I think they should put the form on the internet so you can download it and fill it in with typing a bit at a time. 

hossylass

• on: 31 May 2012 12:21AM
I was on edge too, until I realised that the two people I have regular telephone contact with had both had them, as had about half a dozen Ouchers!

Someone said that they were sending them to all people who hadn't been PCA'd for years, some think it was to do an estimate sift for ESA... personally I just think that they were just sending out an extended check.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 31 May 2012 12:46AM
That makes sense.

I don't know why but I have what I think comes close to a phobia of forms.  It's those little boxes where you're supposed to tick yes or no but you want to say maybe or sometimes or I'm not sure. 

I did Dad's tax return last year after he realised he couldn't do it.  I told him it would take me months and he'd just have to accept a late filing penalty.  For this year's tax return, I keep saying please, please don't hassle me because there's months to do it in and I'll do it ok so long as I don't panic, but it's a form and I'm always terrified of putting the wrong figures in the boxes so I need time to gather the info carefully and methodically and add it up over and over and over again. 

I'm particularly upset about the deadline thing because for some reason I'd initially read it as 28 June.  I don't know why. 

A friend of mine went through this a while back and they suspended her benefits for a year while they investigated.  I've no idea what they thought they'd found.  They've asked for more info about my voluntary work this time but they've got all that on file. 

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member

• on: 31 May 2012 01:25AM
I've reminded myself that even if they mess up, I have my rainy-day money, and you wouldn't believe how much food I've got hoarded in my flat, including cat food.

Sorry to have dumped this on you all.  I find this sort of thing extraordinarily stressful.  I know some of the rest of you do, too.  It's been reassuring to be told that lots of others have had to fill these forms in.