Wicked Series

• 2 Replies

Becca7

Wicked Series

• on: 18 Sep 2012 09:13PM
Has anyone read the Wicked series? Ive just finished book 1 Wicked: life and times of the wicked witch of the west. Ive enjoyed parts of it. I was wondering what others think? Have you read it or the others or have you avoided them - im being nosey (trying to distract myself from stuff)

Defying Gravity

• Charter Member

Re: Wicked Series

• on: 19 Sep 2012 11:02PM
Bit late to be distracting, sorry! But I've read all of them (or, rather, I've read 3 - perhaps there are now more?), and I would say they get progressively worse as you go through the trilogy - though that's just my opinion of course! There seem to be more loose ends and implausibilities in the second two books. When I originally read the first book (about 5 or 6 years ago) I loved it, and read it more than once, as well as getting the later books. However I tried again to read it recently and barely got past the first few pages as I found it too long winded. So perhaps it just suited me and my emotional state at the time! Are you going to try and read the others?

Becca7

Re: Wicked Series

• on: 20 Sep 2012 10:44AM
Im about to read the second, i know the third is meant to be dreadful there is now a 4th and final which i heard is better. I guess he continued cos the 1st was well recieved but didnt have much to say afterall it was based around wizard of oz. I have 'confessions of an ugly stepsister' too got nowhere with that but might try again.