Commissioners Decisions

• 3 Replies

Monic1511

Commissioners Decisions

• on: 24 Sep 2012 05:09PM
Some of you will be familiar with commissioners decisions - these are when tribunals make a decision and someone shallenges it, a commissioner will make a decision and this then becomes part of DLA(and other benefits) Law

The decisions can be read and searched for here http://www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx
You need to be able to concentrate to read & understand these but I don't see any harm in letting others read these.   Welfare Rights Officers who are appealling decisions tend to study these, I find them hard to read and I think they are useful if you are preparing your own case.

One thing though if your going to represent yourself I wouldn't start quoting CDLA/2973/1999 says this as the chair might just quote another decision back at you and unless you know them all you'll probably be flomoxed

have fun but dont read too much - I clogg up my circuits when I try to read too many commissioners decisions >lol<
Monic

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Commissioners Decisions

• on: 24 Sep 2012 05:24PM
Thanks Monic  >thumbsup<

I've just been reading one from a link on another thread as it happens - it's quite fascinating if one can sift through the excessive wordage and boil it down, so to speak  >biggrin<

devine63

• on: 25 Sep 2012 12:19AM
well folks if you think you are able to summarise such decisions for the rest of us, that would be useful....
regards, Deb

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 25 Sep 2012 07:56AM
I'll do my best - if anyone wants a specific decision 'translated', just post the link here  >thumbsup<