Atos prognosis que

• 11 Replies

Fizzbw

Atos prognosis que

• on: 01 Oct 2012 11:05AM
Hi,

On my medical report form from Atos it says Prognosis - I advise that a return to work is unlikely for at least two years.

Later in the justification it says: the medical evidence indicates that the client is unlikely to return to work in the longer term.

My question is, what are the general prognosis made by Atos in that section? Does the time mentioned mean that is when you will be reassessed? Are there longer prognosis statements? If so, why don't the two marry up on my form?

Does anyone know if a FOI request has been done asking how many people with the words unlikely to return to work in the longer term, have been put in the WRAG or found fit for work?

Many thanks

Fizzbw xxx

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Atos prognosis que

• on: 01 Oct 2012 11:13AM
Hi Fizz, the 'prognosis' does give an idea of when you will next be reassessed, although it is not set in stone. The longest that 'we' (at B+W) have come across so far is 3 years.

I don't know whether a FOI request has been made, you might be able to find out on this site - http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

devine63

• on: 01 Oct 2012 11:42PM

or you can look at the DWP's website and see all of the information they have already released for FOI requests:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/freedom-of-information/information-released-under/

regards, Deb

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 02 Oct 2012 11:17AM
Thanks Deb, I didn't know about that site  :-)

Fizzbw

• on: 02 Oct 2012 04:29PM
I said this in the below thread, but the DWP woman told me today that I was in the support group for 3 years....

Fxxx

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 03 Oct 2012 10:11AM
I was looking through some documents yesterday and found some more information.

I started a new thread in Talk so it gets more attention then I will later more it here (Welefare Rights)

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=4142.0

bubble

• on: 07 Oct 2012 10:37PM
My husbands assessment said the same,     unlikely to return to work in the longer term,
and prognosis,  no improvement expected.
So yes hes put in the Wrag group. doesnt make any sense to us mere mortals does it.

countrygirl

• Bronze Member

• on: 10 Oct 2012 01:02PM
Hi all, I had my medical on monday and was told I would here from DWP in 2 weeks.  My question is do they send you a copy of
the Atos medical or do you have to ask for a copy?

Going through the list of my conditions the so called trained professional who knows all about your conditions had not heard of sjogrens syndrome.  I had to tell her how to spell it, which I think I may have said wrong, and told her I was due to have 6 teeth removed as I don't make much saliva.

I, like so many just can't get my head around all this, I'm in pain every day and get relief when I sleep, wish they would leave me alone
to deal with my every day problems.

Jen   

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 10 Oct 2012 01:26PM
No Countrygirl, you will not automatically get a copy of your assessment form (ESA85), you will have to request it from DWP.

Minniehaha

• on: 10 Oct 2012 01:28PM
Hello, countrygirl. 

I think two weeks might be a little optimistic as decisions can take anything up to thirteen weeks.  I've just had a decision on a WCA that took place nine weeks ago but only after phoning three times and finally demanding to speak to a Decision Maker this morning.

You will have to ask for a copy of the medical report as it won't be sent to you automatically.

countrygirl

• Bronze Member

• on: 10 Oct 2012 01:48PM
Thank you and hurtyback for letting me know will ask for a copy when I hear from the DWP.  After my medical I knew it was a farce all this
nonsense on the forms and at the medical, and I expect to get told I can do some work, I just would like them to understand its hard to live with pain, its so tiring and hard work having to cope.  Well I'll see how soon they have magically cured me !!

Jen

Monic1511

• on: 10 Oct 2012 08:56PM
Countrygirl
if you get the usual "0 points" just ask for the full ATOS report and appeal the decision.  the decision maker will probably phone you if its going to be a refusal & if that happens give them as much info as you can just in case it will help get you extra points.
let us know how you get on as well
Best wishes
Monic