• on: 01 Oct 2012 07:32PM
Nope, I'm 40 :)

Fx

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Contribution Based ESA

• on: 01 Oct 2012 07:48PM
That's good news then - from an ESA payment rate point of view, if you see what I mean  ;-)

You really do need to contact the DWP for a breakdown of how your money is made up, I think!  This information will be held on their computer system and you should be able to clarify if the EDP is included in your benefit assessment....

Fizzbw

• on: 01 Oct 2012 10:30PM
Yes I will do that, thank you very much :)

Will let you know the outcome....

Fx

Fizzbw

• on: 02 Oct 2012 04:28PM
Well I rang a very unhelpful and unsympathetic lady at the DWP. I'm on contributions based ESA so the EDP is included. She is sending me a form to apply for income related but refused to say if I would be better off or not.

I have just realised that I've been telling porkies at the dentist as I told them I didn't have to pay. Oops. Can I get winter fuel payment when I live with my parents ( both oaps)?

One thing though, I asked her when I was due to be assessed and she said I was in the SG for three years, though admitted I could be reassesed at any time, when I told her I found this stressful she replied that she was putting the form in the post for me......nice, sympathetic, kind....

So still a bit confused. And now I can fret about the dentist catching up with me as well!! Oh I'm in Wales so prescriptions are free...

I'm also going to send s copy of my "award letter" to my MP to show him how incomprehensible it is.

Many thanks

Fizzbw xx

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 02 Oct 2012 05:14PM
You may not be 'in strife' with the dentist - there is also the NHS Low Income Scheme for people who aren't currently receiving the means-tested benefits which give automatic entitlement to free prescriptions, dental treatment etc.  You need to fill in a form HC1 - see this link on how to obtain this (slightly different for Wales than England):

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts/1128.aspx

Sorry you had a 'bad apple' on the other end of the phone - it's luck of the draw now with the call-centre set-up  >erm<

The three years in the Support Group before reassessment is positive information, though, as this is the longest time that can possibly be granted from what's known about the ESA process to date.   (They have to say the blurb about 'could be reassessed any time' - that applies to all DWP benefits, as there has to be a percentage of random samples, computer-selected, of claims up for review at any one time.   Again, it's a lottery - certainly not worth stressing over.)

As for the Winter Fuel Payment, that's only for over-60s - so if you have pensioner parents, they will get it!  You may be confusing it with the Cold Weather Payment for people on certain income-based benefits.  Anyway, well done for making that call  >thumbsup<

Fizzbw

• on: 02 Oct 2012 10:09PM
Thanks Kizzy, you've been a great help.

Fxxx