Advice NI WRB Newsletter

• 3 Replies

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Advice NI WRB Newsletter

• on: 05 Jan 2013 01:33PM
Have been pondering where to post this for a while, as it concerns the WRB (NI) and not social security rights per se.

It's a very good newsletter produced by Advice NI, giving a digest of the progress of the WRB through the NI Assembly, including links to the Official Report, and submissions from various  advocacy organisations. It's well worth a read by those in other parts of the UK too, as the last page provides a round up of relevant media coverage, including links to articles, and notice of any forthcoming television and radio broadcasts concerning all aspects of Welfare Reform.

It is usually posted fortnightly, commencing in October 2012, but as the Assembly has been on hiatus over Christmas, the last one was produced at the beginning of December.

I'm attaching all 3 newsletters produced to date in pdf format.

If any of the mods feel the post to be misplaced, then please do move it to wherever you feel would be best. >thumbsup<
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2013 01:35PM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Advice NI WRB Newsletter

• on: 05 Jan 2013 01:51PM
Seems perfectly placed on the Welfare Rights board to me, and might be useful for other members who live in NI as well (I know we have more than one)  >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 05 Jan 2013 02:12PM
Thanks!

Will post any new newsletters when they appear >thumbsup<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member

• on: 06 Apr 2013 07:14PM
I missed this when it was first published. Advice NI's response to the mandatory reconsideration rules for ESA:

"Advice NI has uncovered the true extent of potentially far-reaching proposals contained within the Welfare Reform Bill which could have extreme consequences for the most sick and disabled across Northern Ireland.

Under a particular clause in the Bill, the “power to require consideration of revision before appeal”, a new mandatory reconsideration stage will be introduced for claimants wishing to challenge a decision to disallow benefit. Advice NI has learned that uniquely in terms of Employment & Support Allowance (ESA), the main benefit payable for those unfit for work, what is changing is that there can be no appeal until there has been a mandatory reconsideration and there can be no payment of ESA during the mandatory reconsideration stage."

The .pdf is attached.