What Are You Listening To At the Time Of Posting

• 315 Replies

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
....what sort of pillock carries eggs around at half two in the morning anyway?

Good question - there must have been original intent of said pillock(s) to make a nuisance of themselves if they came prepared  >erm<

Listening to the most familiar sound within my four walls - the kettle boiling  >mug-tea<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
The whirr of the fan on my computer and the distant rumble of the boiler.

Jockice

• Charter Member
"Good question - there must have been original intent of said pillock(s) to make a nuisance of themselves if they came prepared."

Indeed. I live on a quiet street anyway (although there are a lot of student residences) and you don't get many drunks walking along it at 2.30am on a Monday morning. Definitely more than one of them though. I heard what is described in Blackadder as a 'colossal drunken roar' beforehand. It was an exact facsimile of the last time it happened. I could almost predict the splat of the egg on glass.

Unless it's some of the students living in the houses next to mine (none of whom I've ever knowingly seen, let alone met) or the same person who apparently slashed two of my tyres year or so ago (and I have my suspicions as to who that could be. Not a neighbour at all) I don't think it's personally targeted. And if it is personally targeted there would be easier ways to scare me than throwing things at my window while I'm obviously awake in the middle of the night. There must be a lot of times they stand there with eggs in their hands, disappointed that I'm in bed and the lights are off. If I did find out who did it though I'd probably claim that it was a personalised disablist attack just to make life difficult for them..

Nicky Campbell on Five Live. Discussion about priests and sexuality. Look I was brought up a Catholic and let me tell you there is nothing camp about it. All the incense and outfits are dead butch, honest.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Monsters of Folk - Dear God (Sincerely)
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
The dog snoring (again), and construction traffic (again)

1BillionHex

Right now I'm listening to a piece of music I finished recording yesterday. It's an arrangement of the traditional North-eastern song "Bonny at Morn".

I put it on YouTube with some of my photos I've taken recently just so there's something to look at while the music is playing :-)

It's at if you want to have a listen/look.

Bob.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
The Uthanks The Testimony of Patience Kershaw

sherbs

• Charter Member
Still listening to the radiators creaking as i post, ( i think my annual service is due soon,) why oh why do i still have the central heating on in mid march,

Come on spring, hurry up, so i can save some money on the central heating...

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
..why oh why do i still have the central heating on in mid march

I was grumbling to myself this very morning about the same thing - as I currently listen to the north-easterly wind rattling the extractor fan blades in the bathroom  >erm<

1BillionHex

If someone could invent a box that stores heat during the summer, so you can open it during the winter... They'd make a fortune! ;-)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Armin Van Buuren- A state of Trance

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Dic, I didn't know you were into trance-techno/Eurodance!

I have my windows open (at last, as I've been moving my living room furniture into its 'summer position' and deep-cleaning as I go) so I can hear leaves rustling in the breeze and some sort of machinery on a building site about half a mile away.. think I might listen to some tracks off my 'Clubland 22' compilation CD in a minute as they are rattling around my head in the form of earworms!

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Sounds like a good idea Kizzy the louder the better. Been listening to trance long time. Am now listening to Symphonix DJ Set Acid Winter Mix which is progressive.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
..the louder the better

>thumbsup<  >biggrin< only when I'm wearing earphones or headphones though  ;-)

Now listening to BBC 6 o'clock News; you-know-who isn't top billing tonight...

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Spring from the four season - Antonio Vivaldi