UK loses top AAA credit rating

• 6 Replies

DarthVector

• Charter Member

UK loses top AAA credit rating

• on: 23 Feb 2013 12:23AM
From the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21554311

So much for the Government's cuts preserving our financial respectability.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: UK loses top AAA credit rating

• on: 23 Feb 2013 12:30PM
"The main driver underpinning Moody's decision to downgrade the UK's government bond rating to AA1 is the increasing clarity that, despite considerable structural economic strengths, the UK's economic growth will remain sluggish over the next few years due to the anticipated slow growth of the global economy and the drag on the UK economy," Moody's said.

It is about time that richer countries realised that economic growth is not the key to success and stopped being so stupid in the way they do not see that the health and welfare of the population is a better measure in for a sustainable society.

>steam<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Feb 2013 01:02PM
Hello SunShine Medows

I 100% agree with you it has been known since the time of the industrial revelution money dos'nt buy happyness

Get rich quick  schemes never work + they normaly stem from im-moral libral minded fools wearing smarmy suits like door to door salesmen (It's like someone I could name from No 10

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 23 Feb 2013 01:39PM
Health and welfare of the population?   The Powers-that-Be would have to recognise us as actual real, live human beings then, instead of units of production (or not, as the case may be!)

Money doesn't buy happiness, true - but enough of it is essential to avoid sadness, ie being cold, hungry, inadequately housed, etc....

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Feb 2013 02:51PM
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Can the reader's of ouch form  a virtual lynch mob + go hunt Cammeron + Clegg + hang draw + quarter the 2 mass murders (people are die-ing from hunger ( unable to afford food, dieing from inadaquate housing) ect ect it is all rubbed in thank's to their junnival gloating (there top of the class at this lesson/subject)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog

• on: 23 Feb 2013 04:29PM
Bule,

Unfortunately, because the users of this forum are mainly disabled people, Cameron, Clegg etc. can run faster than most of us. even using the bigger AA batteries rather than the tiny AAA ones that we used to have!  LOL
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

DarthVector

• Charter Member

• on: 23 Feb 2013 10:47PM
Thank you for that, ATurtle, I'm going to have nightmares of George Osborne as the Energiser Bunny now. Load D cells on double charges and fire as you bunny!

On a more serious note, I can only agree with you all about the way that money is necessary but not sufficient.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a friend once, where we were trying to figure out how to get politicians who actually understand the problems the rest of us have. We were seriously trying to craft a system where political service would be like jury service, so that we'd pick an MP at random from the adult population of each constituency every five years.

That was years ago now, but it still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to imagine what the current crop of trough-swilling career politicians would think of the idea :)