Meow Meow - Mephedrone is a Nasty Little Cat

• 2 Replies

AccessOfficer

"At first, I'm not expected to live. Then it seems I'll live, but confined to bed. A day or so after that, it's one better - I'll be wheelchair-bound!!!!!!!!!

Now there's a chance that I'll be able to walk again. My back has been reconstructed with metal, as has my left wrist. My feet have swollen two shoe sizes and show no signs of deflating. St Mary's Hospital, Paddington has saved my life, and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore has made it worth living again.

I am terrified about the future but some adaptive quality in the human brain is enabling me to keep going. I present normally because I'm polite, and therefore I struggle to convey how traumatised I am. Everyone thinks I'm fine. Oh dear"

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/charles-donovan/meow-meow-mephedrone_b_2731590.html?ir=UK

Regards
AO

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
The vivid descriptions the writer gives of his delusions while under the influence of mephedrone reminds me very much of acute psychosis.  This sort of article ought to be read by all those foolhardy souls who are thinking that taking this vile substance might be 'fun'!

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
I think many of the people that think our life as disabled people are fun should walk 880 yards in our shoes, and then walk back the rest of the mile to return our shoes!

Many of the medications we take to get us through the day have lovely side effects such as nausea, fatigue or hallucination that are most decidedly NOT fun.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel