Author Topic: Auntie, how is your kitchen going?  (Read 1181 times)

Yvette

Auntie, how is your kitchen going?
« on: 17 Mar 2013 09:59PM »
Auntie, you haven't posted about your kitchen recently.  Is it all finished and working properly?

Did you manage to get your other light fitting?

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Auntie, how is your kitchen going?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2013 11:39AM »
Yes and

How does your garden grow?
 With silver bells and cockle shells
 And pretty maids all in a row.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2013 10:57PM »
Hi Yvette,

Well it is done, though I would never have these chaps back to do a job like a kitchen.  General building, maybe.  Last week the middle drawer in the chest of drawers fell off its runner.  Luckily I have a wonderful friend who helps me out in emergencies who fixed it.  But he did it reluctantly.

I eventually managed to get another light fitting from B&Q.  The lady did not phone me back to tell me they were in, as she promised.  I just kept going in until I saw one.

The chaps were not good at little details, like neatly filling in previous screw holes.  In one place they used a screw that was too long and broke through to the top of a melamine shelf.  And the decorator they brought in to do a few little jobs was self-taught and dribbled paint in places and I had to scratch off the odd brush mark where the brush accidently touched some of the cupboards.  I do not know how to find a good tradesman.  Whichever way you go you are in their hands and it is all pot luck, isn't it.

Anyway, it is done now, and if I do not look closely it looks lovely.   >lol<  Thank you for asking.

Yvette

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2013 09:27AM »
You are welcome.

I am glad for that it is fininshed (even though it is not perfect) and that you managed to get your matching light fitting.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2013 06:04PM »
It is rather nice, I just wish I was thrilled with it rather than feeling I have to put up with all the little niggles.

It would be good to have something I was really thrilled about.  Never mind, we all have to plod on, making the best of what is thrown at us, don't we.

Yvette

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2013 08:22AM »
I disagree. 

You should be able to feel thrilled about your new kitchen so the people who installed it are pants to take that thrill aways from you. 

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2013 08:35PM »
It is rather nice, I just wish I was thrilled with it rather than feeling I have to put up with all the little niggles.

It would be good to have something I was really thrilled about.  Never mind, we all have to plod on, making the best of what is thrown at us, don't we.

That a shame auntie, as i expect you paid quite a lot of money to buy it and have it all fitted, walls painted etc. 

I always go by word of mouth when i get tradesmen in, so if i need walls to be painted i ask around at work and there is always someone who has a "man who can", and then they give  me the details, so now i have a "man who can", and he can put his hands to most job too...

>biggergrin<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2013 09:33PM »
I do agree that auntie should have been able to take pleasure from her new kitchen. What a shame that poor work deprived her of that  :-(