Ryans ESA

• 5 Replies

Frances

• Charter Member

Ryans ESA

• on: 09 Mar 2013 02:08PM
The brown envelope just arrived. Considering it only went in he first week of Feb.
Now I just have to stop shaking long enough to open and absorb.
 No medical just put straight into Support group. Phew !!
Doesn't say how long for though. So lets hope its a long time.
Just says "Your benefit is changing to Employment and Support Allowance.
Thanks to letters from Consultant Drs and others. He seems to have got there OK.
Just hope I am not misreading it. !
Still shaking  so is he. !!!
You need to give love to receive it.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

Re: Ryans ESA

• on: 09 Mar 2013 05:36PM
That's excellent news for you both  >thumbsup< - as the letter doesn't give an end date, it could be that Ry has the maximum time in the Support Group that seems to be allowable so far, ie three years before re-assessment.  A good breathing space there!

Frances

• Charter Member

• on: 09 Mar 2013 06:30PM
Fingers X'sd it is 3 years.
Need a break thats for sure .
You need to give love to receive it.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 09 Mar 2013 07:46PM
ESA is awarded for an indefinite time (unlike DLA). In reality it can be reassessed at any stage from 3 months following the decision. However, there is usually a 'prognosis' entered on the computer which will give an idea of when to expect the merry-go-round to start again. If you phone DWP they should be able to look it up on the comp, or you can write in and ask for a copy of your ESA85 (f you had a face-to-face assessement) or ESA85a (if you had a paper assessment).

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member

• on: 09 Mar 2013 07:51PM
  >thumbsup< good news for you both

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 25 Mar 2013 10:21PM
 >flying< great news thank you for sharing.

Everytime I read about someone who should be in the Support Group being put there without having to go through an assessment I feel a bit lighter and  :-)

It does seem to me that in the past year the DWP has reduced the number of people who have ongoing documented illnesses and disabilities being sent for assessment and I do wonder if this has to do with the way the HCP's Health Care Professionals opinion clashed with past opinion and was overly relied on. The evidence for this is shown in the number of appeals that were successful once the claimants history and present condition was properly examined.

In a nutshell I think things have got a bit better, but unfortunately people claiming in the early days of ESA got the sharp end of things and it is hard to work out how to help them.