esa income related amounts

• 5 Replies

bubble

esa income related amounts

• on: 31 Mar 2013 01:50PM
Can I ask what are premiums ?If hubby has to go on income related esa I cant understand what we will get from those lists either

Im in the support group and on high dla mid care Hubbys in the wrag group but we are wondering if he lose appealmoney will stop so what will get.

Is it just ESA couple 112 or do we get any premiums

Monic1511

Re: esa income related amounts

• on: 31 Mar 2013 06:39PM
Hi Bubble
I will try & do this but it will depend on if your husband has claimed carers allowance and therefore has underlying entitlement to carers allowance

Need                                                                           Getting
Couple rate (25 - 60)              112.55                               ESA con based wrag                  100.15
Disability Premium (for couple) 44.20                                    ESA con based Support group   106.50
Carers premium                        33.30                                                                  TOTAL      206.65
Enhanced Disability Premium    15.15
                  total                    205.20

Based on that I think as a couple you would be expected to live off 205.20 if your husband is also your carer

When his ESA wrag ends and he is claiming carers allowance then the carers allowance pay 59.75 instead of the 100.15 so you would then be due income related ESA to bring you up to the 205.20.

I'm not saying thats gospel cos I'd prefer to check it with the calculator at work but I think thats what you would be due .  Remember the above figures don't include your DLA & I'm assuming Mr doesn't get DLA

Monic

bubble

• on: 31 Mar 2013 11:24PM
Thanks Monic, yes your right Mr B dla goes for the car.

What if he doesnt get carers, what would we get then, I just wondered as my Son gets that for me, as hubby do the caring as hes ill himself. So my Son bless him gave up his job and it was really well paid, to care for me and hubby.

Im sure he would rather us be well and him earning his good income that us being called scroungers. Its really upsetting, and I worry but my hubby and son tell me not to take any notice if people think that way, its their problem not ours.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member

• on: 01 Apr 2013 05:10PM
Hi Bubble - firstly to clarify a couple of things;  yesterday, it turned out that Monic and I were both calculating a benefit assessment for you at the same time!  Only I refrained from posting mine then as Monic and I decided to check out the premiums in deeper detail, and we have it confirmed that there is no 'standard' disability premium with income-based ESA as there was for Income Support - it's been effectively replaced by the WRAG and Support Group components (which of course are added to both ESA income-based and ESA (C) 'personal allowances', just to confuse us further  ;-))

The Enhanced Disability Premium - which is payable when: higher rate DLA care component is in payment, or if the claimant or partner is in the Support Group - would also be paid at the couple rate.

So, here's my original post which also answers your above question as to how the assessment would look with no Carers' Allowance factored in:
____

From the information you've given me, assuming that even if your husband does remain in the WRAG after his appeal, this is how an income-based ESA assessment would look:

Couples' personal allowance:    112.55
WRAG component for hubby:     28.45
Support component for you:      34.80
Enhanced disability premium
couple rate:                             21.75
                                             _______
Maximum payable                   197.55

From this total amount will be deducted any ESA(C) either or both of you are receiving and any other money you have coming in.  If you have any savings between 6,000 and 16,000, you will have 1 in every 250 deducted weekly from any income-based ESA payable.

So, when hubby's ESA (C) - WRAG payments expire and it's just you receiving ESA (C), which would be 106.50 per week at 2013/14 rates, you would as a couple be entitled to income-based ESA top-up worth 91.05 per week (obviously providing that you both continued to meet the same criteria for the work capability assessment as you do now.)
___

This is of course a very general estimate of what you might be entitled to as obviously we (Monic and I) don't know - and don't expect you to give - the ins and outs of your entire financial situation on the open Internet!  I would always say, as for any means-tested benefits, if in doubt claim anyway if you've already met the basic qualifying conditions (in this case, 'passing' the ESA WCA)  >thumbsup<

>edited for formatting<
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2013 05:15PM by KizzyKazaer »

Monic1511

• on: 01 Apr 2013 08:52PM
Hi Kizzy
Thanks for posting this

Bubble - I hope that clarifies a few things but as Kizzy said its best to ask cab or a welfare rights worker for a benefit check in person cos they can go into lots more details

Monic >hugs<

bubble

• on: 02 Apr 2013 04:31AM
Hi thanks both, I havent been on here today so only seen this 4 in the morning when I cant sleep lol

well it looks nearly approx 200 which will be a loss of 10 plus his small pension which will be counted in income related esa, but not now.

Looks like a loss of 40 but then our council tax would be paid so we,re back to a loss of 15 pound.

All this blooming hassle forms assessments worry and stress  >doh< it must cost a fortune to alter all peoples payments etc.

Thank you again, I only wanted a general idea so we know where we are, if possible.