ESA Descriptors 2013

• 2 Replies

Monic1511

ESA Descriptors 2013

• on: 12 Apr 2013 07:53PM
Hi Folks
The ESA descriptors have changed recently and you can find the Descriptors and their points awarded here
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/379/schedule/2/made

When you get to the bottom of the page if you press Next Schedule it gives you the Support group criteria for anyone who is appealling or is assessed after 28/1/13

I would normally post them here as well but due to the way they are produced on the page the table doesn't copy easily.

If you open the PDF - the descriptors start on page 63 - the rest is the technical legislation & it makes you want to  >yikes< so I don't read too much of that.

Monic

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member

Re: ESA Descriptors 2013

• on: 19 Apr 2013 03:38PM
EXPLANATORY NOTE
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations provide for a social security benefit to be known as an employment and support allowance, which replaces the existing benefit of the same name

What?  Can anyone explain this?  It's after the "schedules" in the link Monic gave.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog

Re: ESA Descriptors 2013

• on: 19 Apr 2013 05:25PM
Basically, the ESA Descriptors replace the old ESA Descriptors.   

The ESA is being replaced, but as it's being replaced with ESA, they put in that comment. 

So as they say - Every thing is changed just the name remains the same!

Mind you the very end paragraph is the concerning one:

A full impact assessment has not been published for these Regulations as they have no impact on the private sector or civil society organisations.

What about the impact on the claimants?
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013 05:29PM by ATurtle »
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel